Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had video problems too, and still do every once in a while.

some people, including me, had a lot of that cleared up by installing FanControl. the link to it is in this blog post

http://computersclarified.blogspot.com/

download it, double click on it to open it, and then double click on the installer.

good luck

People, Finally I got my Mini working stable and beautifully.
I got rid of Audio big pops and graphics artifacts by running multibeast and checking "graphics enabler:no" and "Mac pro 3.1" boxes.

Changing from mac mini to Mac pro profile was an advice from another thread. Changing to graphics enabler:no was something I did out of curiosity, (maybe I read people doing that and solving problems).

I don't really care about my system preferences saying MacPRo and hopefully these settings I changed are not going to affect me in the future..

Thanks a lot for your support in my first build, you are all very generous!

Bye

Just be aware that by using the Mac pro profile using the HDMI port as a standalone port for video (e.g. if your Hack mini shall be a Media Center working on a TV via HDMI) - will NOT work. For this the system definition "Mac mini" is necessary.

Greets
z0dac

amoretam said:
People, Finally I got my Mini working stable and beautifully.
I got rid of Audio big pops and graphics artifacts by running multibeast and checking "graphics enabler:no" and "Mac pro 3.1" boxes.

Changing from mac mini to Mac pro profile was an advice from another thread. Changing to graphics enabler:no was something I did out of curiosity, (maybe I read people doing that and solving problems).

I don't really care about my system preferences saying MacPRo and hopefully these settings I changed are not going to affect me in the future..

Thanks a lot for your support in my first build, you are all very generous!

Bye

Is there any way to install the Golden Masters from Mountain Lion on this build.
When i start the installation as upgrade the computer is starting again without booting in the installation.

z0dac said:
Just be aware that by using the Mac pro profile using the HDMI port as a standalone port for video (e.g. if your Hack mini shall be a Media Center working on a TV via HDMI) - will NOT work. For this the system definition "Mac mini" is necessary.
Not true. Chimera enables HD3000 video regardless of the system definition. The HDMI audio edited dsdts (2nd post of this thread) inject the macmini system definition information independent of the system definition specified in smbios.plist. To summarize, with Chimera and an edited dsdt (with HD3000 HDMI audio/Audio ID 389 or without HD3000 HDMI audio/Audio ID 889), you can use any system definition on your CustoMac Mini.

I know it's probably different if you're using a graphics card, but what's the standard rule of thumb for this build using only HD3000 graphics regarding GE=NO or GE=YES or leaving the flag out of the plist?

I think I have always had GE=NO and it works, but that may have been just to get started, is it necessary? I'll probably experiment after I backup anyway, but I thought I'd ask and possibly save time.

bc24 said:
I know it's probably different if you're using a graphics card, but what's the standard rule of thumb for this build using only HD3000 graphics regarding GE=NO or GE=YES or leaving the flag out of the plist?
GE=Y

How come on the main post it says that it is $322.60, when after calculation I got $558.65? Did I do something wrong?

init6 said:
@viewfair I tried both a Belkin and Targus model that I had found within these forums. Both worked but had a few issues. Definitely, not as reliable and smooth as "real" Mac. I would get random disconnects. I had to reboot at times to get things to connect again.

I wasn't constant, but it happened enough that I finally found a person on eBay that makes Bluetooth modules out of supposedly "original" Apple parts. It was like $50, however it has worked flawlessly, and I have never had an issue even one time since I installed it.

Hi would you mind sending me the link for the item and how to install it. thanks so much!

yoyo58 said:
viewfair said:
What's a good bluetooth USB doggle that will work good for this mini 2011 build. I want to buy one for mine!

Thanks guys
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/09/building-sandy-bridge-customac-customac.html

scroll down a bit and the recommended bt adapter is there

Thanks a lot man, take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back