Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Help/Discussion Thread

still having problems getting audio to work, H61N-USB3, downloaded DSDT-GA-H61N-USB3-B3-HDMI-F8.aml
but can't get the audio to work, am I supposed to delete all audio kexts from S/l/e? do I have to do a full install???
toleda said:
CustoMac Mini Tuneup Kit - 10.7.3/10.7.4

The CustoMac Mini Tuneup Kit is no longer needed in 10.7.3 and newer.

CustoMac Mini HD3000 HDMI Audio Requirements
1. DSDT - HD3000 HDMI audio with or without AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio plus 889 on board audio
5/30/12 - Updated H67N and H61N dsdts with HDMI audio edits
a. H67N-USB3-B3-HDMI-F9 (Audio ID: 389, use HDMI2 (under USB port) for HDMI audio):
DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-HDMI-F9.aml
b. H61N-USB3-B3-HDMI-F8 (Audio ID: 389):
DSDT-GA-H61N-USB3-B3-HDMI-F8.aml
2. AppleHDA.kext
5/16/12 - 889 Lion AppleHDA available in MultiBeast 4.4.0 and newer.
Select Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC889.
Screen Shot 2012-05-26 at 12.00.10 AM.png
3. MultiBeast/System Definition: MacMini5,1
4. MultiBeast/Bootloader: Chimera 1.7 or newer
5. OS X: 10.7.3 or newer/64 bit

z0dac said:
Why does everyone say that you need Windows to update the BIOS? I updated my BIOS using Q-Flash (BIOS on USB Stick) like a douzen times. It always worked perfectly.

@amoretam:
Try installing one more time. If you really did nothing wrong it may be a hardware error. Never had such problems.

Greets
z0dac

z0dac it is a common problem detailed here: viewtopic.php?f=168&t=61081&start=50

I am stuck here, I really find no way to do this.
I am trying method 1 in the link, but the Lion Hdd does not want to be unmounted, I get a message saying: "At least one volume could not be unmounted"

Method 2 seems way too complex for me to try and I don't have another mac right now...

There is people with seagate barracuda's 500gb in the forum with my same problem, but I get no response in the forums...

It seems that this Hdd is not compatible or something, I don't know... there is no clear explanation for me on what to do exactly, just little pieces I can't put together....
anybody???????

people i got a solution to my problem with jwk method : viewtopic.php?f=169&t=54274&p=337437&hilit=jwk%27s+method#p337437

It worked incredibly even and immediately though i did not know what I was doing....I booted fine!!
So, I am almost there, I ran multibeast with the common settings, ethernet working good but I can hear a big POP in audio for example everytime it boots and also everytime I trash something or hear something on youtube...

is this common?/

Yes, popping audio is common. Apparently it has something to do with the audio chip going to sleep to conserve power when it is silent and popping when it wakes up to play a sound.

mbalsamo said:
still having problems getting audio to work, H61N-USB3, downloaded DSDT-GA-H61N-USB3-B3-HDMI-F8.aml
but can't get the audio to work, am I supposed to delete all audio kexts from S/l/e? do I have to do a full install???
No and No. Yes, only if you tried a bunch of MultiBeast audio options that did not work.

1. DSDT
Download dsdt: H61N-USB3-B3-HDMI-F8 (Audio ID: 389) and place on Desktop
MultiBeast/Select UserDSDT
2. AppleHDA.kext
MultiBeast/Select Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC889.
5. MultBeast/Install
6. Restart

toleda said:
mbalsamo said:
No and No. Yes, only if you tried a bunch of MultiBeast audio options that did not work.

1. DSDT
2. AppleHDA.kext
MultiBeast/Select Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC889.
5. MultBeast/Install
6. Restart

Hi toleda, Yesterday I ran multibeast with the recommended settings on the first post but I did not see the second post (your post) with the updated settings... Maybe that's why I am having pops in my audio and poor response graphics...

Do you recommend me to manually remove (undo) what I checked in multibeast and then run with the above settings??

Also, my mobo came with Bios F6, I updated to F7. Do I have to update again to F8 in order to apply the above settings???

THANKS alot.....

thank you! got it to work, not at first but when I when went to s/l/e I noticed I had hda enabler's, once I deleted those all started working! Thank you so much!

amoretam said:
toleda said:
mbalsamo said:

1. DSDT
2. AppleHDA.kext
5. MultBeast/Install
6. Restart

Hi toleda, Yesterday I ran multibeast with the recommended settings on the first post but I did not see the second post (your post) with the updated settings... Maybe that's why I am having pops in my audio and poor response graphics...

Do you recommend me to manually remove (undo) what I checked in multibeast and then run with the above settings??

Also, my mobo came with Bios F6, I updated to F7. Do I have to update again to F8 in order to apply the above settings???

THANKS alot.....

mbalsamo said:
Yes. The dsdt should not be newer than the BIOS. Not for this situation, an older dsdt is is OK.

@amoretam:
Is sleep mode working in your build?

Greets
z0dac

z0dac said:
@amoretam:
Is sleep mode working in your build?

Greets
z0dac

yes it is working, but audio and graphics are popping and glitching...
I know that sleep mode has been the most difficult to get it working, but unfortunately I haved to revert my changes, update to bios F8 and then apply toledas fixes...

I hope sleep still works by then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back