Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total noob here. Last year I did the customac mini and it worked perfect lion 10.7.2 after 6 months I was playing with the HDMI sound and "crash" the thing went down and I could not recover. I tried to duplicate the origanal set up but I cant seem to find the step step guide I used from here. The guide I do find here seems to be for more advanced folks. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks

I hope I posted this in the right place, if not. Sorry.

gigabyte h67n-usb3-b3
core i3 2105
4 gig corsair ddr3

simonmedlicott I tought you can put any i card that he specifies in the custom mac topix…
you just need to make shure to take a more powerfull power supply then the 250w…

ruler1880 said:
simonmedlicott I tought you can put any i card that he specifies in the custom mac topix…
you just need to make shure to take a more powerfull power supply then the 250w…
ok cheers, so as the power supply is inbuilt with the case i will have to get a separate power supply and case. any suggestions on a better setup for my needs? thanks

simonmedlicott said:
Hi,
I really want to build a computer with this setup but I am concerned about the speed of the i3 as I want to run Logic Pro on it. Can I just put in an i5 with no modifications? or do I have to add a new power supply etc.
Thanks, really like the work of TonymacX86 :)
the power supply can be exchanged (as long as you get the right form factor/size) in this case. if you plan to use a video card, you need to make sure it will fit in the case. The suggested case only has one slot, while most cards take up two.

ujx385 said:
Total noob here. Last year I did the customac mini and it worked perfect lion 10.7.2 after 6 months I was playing with the HDMI sound and "crash" the thing went down and I could not recover. I tried to duplicate the origanal set up but I cant seem to find the step step guide I used from here. The guide I do find here seems to be for more advanced folks. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks

I hope I posted this in the right place, if not. Sorry.

gigabyte h67n-usb3-b3
core i3 2105
4 gig corsair ddr3
Link in my Signature

Hi guys. Have this build for pretty long time. But having some artefacts on video. While opening webpages in safari or viewing pictures in iphoto there are some stripes on the screen. What can i do? Or the only way is to add some video card? If so what recommendations will you provide?

archkonst said:
Hi guys. Have this build for pretty long time. But having some artefacts on video. While opening webpages in safari or viewing pictures in iphoto there are some stripes on the screen. What can i do? Or the only way is to add some video card? If so what recommendations will you provide?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/download/file.php?id=23604

If you haven't installed Fan Control, download the above link and reboot. This resolved the issue for many of us. Tho in Mountain Lion, I'm having very small horizontal lines mainly in mail and iTunes, even with it installed. Seems to fix Artifacts in Lion tho.. Hope this helps...

AppleAcolyte said:
archkonst said:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/download/file.php?id=23604

If you haven't installed Fan Control, download the above link and reboot. This resolved the issue for many of us. Tho in Mountain Lion, I'm having very small horizontal lines mainly in mail and iTunes, even with it installed. Seems to fix Artifacts in Lion tho.. Hope this helps...

Great!! Thanks a lot! It begin to work properly and even mouse begin to move more smooth

Hi, I managed to get my 10.7.4 clean system working. Ethernet, sound, video over hdmi - everything works fine. The problem is I can't wake it from sleep. It seems that computer wakes up, but the screen is black - no video.

Anyone has a solution to this problem? I did a search in this topic and it seems some people have it working. How?

Should I get - for example - Gt210 nvidia card? Would it fix my problem? HD3000 seems so slow :(

My specs:
Intel i3 2105, H61N-USB3, 8 GB RAM, HD3000.

Best, Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back