Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
adaml75 said:
Hi, I managed to get my 10.7.4 clean system working. Ethernet, sound, video over hdmi - everything works fine. The problem is I can't wake it from sleep. It seems that computer wakes up, but the screen is black - no video.

Anyone has a solution to this problem? I did a search in this topic and it seems some people have it working. How?

Should I get - for example - Gt210 nvidia card? Would it fix my problem? HD3000 seems so slow :(

My specs:
Intel i3 2105, H61N-USB3, 8 GB RAM, HD3000.

Best, Adam

there are guides for our setup to get sleep working. Personally, I've been afraid to try it for fear of losing HDMI Video/audio. Best of luck to you tho, maybe Toleda will chime in with the most direct way to accomplish your goals...

Is the GA-H61N-USB3 limited to 3.0 GB/S SSD hard drives as I've read? If so, is there a good ssd anyone is using with this build that you would recommend on a budget. 60 GB would suffice, 120 GB for $100 or less preferable. Thanks for any info provided...

AppleAcolyte said:
adaml75 said:
Hi, I managed to get my 10.7.4 clean system working. Ethernet, sound, video over hdmi - everything works fine. The problem is I can't wake it from sleep. It seems that computer wakes up, but the screen is black - no video.

Anyone has a solution to this problem? I did a search in this topic and it seems some people have it working. How?

Should I get - for example - Gt210 nvidia card? Would it fix my problem? HD3000 seems so slow :(

My specs:
Intel i3 2105, H61N-USB3, 8 GB RAM, HD3000.

Best, Adam

there are guides for our setup to get sleep working. Personally, I've been afraid to try it for fear of losing HDMI Video/audio. Best of luck to you tho, maybe Toleda will chime in with the most direct way to accomplish your goals...

Thank you, but I couldn't find any guide. Could you point me to one? It would be great.

Adam

Thank you, but I couldn't find any guide. Could you point me to one? It would be great.
Adam[/quote]

I'm not finding much either for some reason. I'll post if I come across anything as I'm now motivated to fully conquer this build lol...

Hy!
I cant install Lion with Unibeast, just in safe mode. After safe mode install my hack mini is ultra slow (Im using F7 DSDT). Without safe mode i get this:
IMG_3850.JPG

:crazy: :(

molnarmate said:
Hy!
I cant install Lion with Unibeast, just in safe mode. After safe mode install my hack mini is ultra slow (Im using F7 DSDT). Without safe mode i get this:
IMG_3850.JPG

Are all of your bios settings correct?

AHCI, HPET 64 bit, etc...?

Try booting installer with graphicsenabler=no ?
With Lion, I had better luck using the XMOVE method...
Just some ideas...

AppleAcolyte said:
Is the GA-H61N-USB3 limited to 3.0 GB/S SSD hard drives as I've read? If so, is there a good ssd anyone is using with this build that you would recommend on a budget. 60 GB would suffice, 120 GB for $100 or less preferable. Thanks for any info provided...
I got the Crucial 128GB M4 SSD for $110 on sale at Amazon for this build. I think it goes on sale at Amazon and elsewhere pretty regularly.

===============
              EDIT

I did a fresh install, same method described below, and it worked perfectly running bios F7 with F7 DSDT.
I've done some stress tests and no KP's yet! This little $300 computer is handling Lion better than my MacBook :D

===============

Hi all, first off here's my build and some installation info:

Build-
Intel Core i3-2105
Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3
CORSAIR 8GB DDR3
2TB hdd, partitioned 30GB of space for Lion
Monitor Connected via HDMI

Bios settings-
version: F7 / F8
graphics: 384
SATA: AHCI
HPET: 64 bit mode

Installation-
10.7.4 direct installation via unibeast thumb drive method, App Store version.
-v GraphicsEnabler=No

So, I installed the F8 bios at first, installed Lion, and the F8 DSDT and could only get it working with GraphicsEnabler=No,
so I went back and installed the F7 bios, then the F7 DSDT, I was able to start without GraphicsEnabler=No, but I got a kernel panic at some point, so I decided to try for F8 again. Same issue, couldn't get it to work without GraphicsEnabler=No, so I again went back to F7, and now I can only get in with GraphicsEnabler=No.

Any ideas why this might be? Am I able to downgrade the bios, or is this my problem?
Does anyone have a possible solution for me? On a side note, I didn't reinstall Lion after bios changes, I simply re-ran multibeast with the correct DSDT.

This isn't my first build, I've got another that I've been running as my main computer for years without issues, so this is sort of frustrating, I've been working on it for the past 4 nights.

Thanks for any help!

AppleAcolyte said:
molnarmate said:
Hy!
Are all of your bios settings correct?

AHCI, HPET 64 bit, etc...?

Try booting installer with graphicsenabler=no ?
With Lion, I had better luck using the XMOVE method...
Just some ideas...

BIOS settings OK. I will try with graphicsenabler=no
What is the XMOVE method?
Tnx for your answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back