Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
kartoffelsalat said:
I'm currently on Bios F7 on my GA-H67N-USB3-B3 and running 10.7.4. Now i'm going to update my bios to F9. Will my Mac boot up correctly or do i get some kp?

Are these steps for an update of the DSDT correct?
- download F9 DSDT-HDMI Audio (2nd post) -> place on desktop
- run multibeast -> options "user dsdt" + "repair permissions" + "patched apple hda - alc889"
- reboot!

Thanks in advance :wave:

All I did was copy the new DSDT to the EXTRA folder as DSDT.aml (no need to run Multibeast) and then flash the bios. After flashing the BIOS did reset to the default settings so I had to boot into the BIOS and correct them i.e HPET 64 bit mode, SATA to AHCI mode.

Should DSDT-GA-H61N-USB3-B3-HDMI-F8.aml be renamed to DSDT.aml before running MultiBeast or is it fine to leave it alone?

I assume it's fine to leave as is or Post #2 would have said otherwise.

Thanks

Yes should be renamed to: DSDT.aml

AppleAcolyte said:
Anybody else run Cinebench on this build? My score is lower than I expected...

Screen Shot 2012-05-30 at 5.05.17 PM.png

I have the exact same build, and I had similar results.

OpenGL: 11.97
CPU: 2.95

Just to update this for future people reading.

Mine is working brilliantly, so impressed with the information on here making it possible!

I can remotely control it and wake from lan, it sleeps and wakes fine, boots fine, all my iTunes account work and I can share my music and films everywhere as I wanted!

Another note I'm very impressed with the i3 2105 compared to the core2duo in my iMac. Its a surprising bump in performance, I have iflicks converting files, Safari open, iTunes and its running like a dream with no lag and its shaven an hour off the video conversion time!!

Very impressed!!

kartoffelsalat said:
I'm currently on Bios F7 on my GA-H67N-USB3-B3 and running 10.7.4. Now i'm going to update my bios to F9. Will my Mac boot up correctly or do i get some kp?

- run multibeast -> options "user dsdt" + "repair permissions" + "patched apple hda - alc889"
- reboot!

After downloading the DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F9.aml, just rename it to DSDT.aml and move it into your /Extra Folder. Shutdown the Computer, update the Bios to F9, set it to the recommended Settings like before and Boot up...that's it. No need to install User DSDT or any other kext again.

karacho said:
kartoffelsalat said:

- reboot!

After downloading the DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F9.aml, just rename it to DSDT.aml and move it into your /Extra Folder. Shutdown the Computer, update the Bios to F9, set it to the recommended Settings like before and Boot up...that's it. No need to install User DSDT or any other kext again.

Thanks for clarifying!

How do I update my BIOS?
I've done it for the initial installation, but can't remember HOW :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back