Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Guy said:
AppleAcolyte said:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=59066&start=50[/url]

MacNewGuy[/quote:3h55d3fz]

Just updated from 10.7.3 to 10.7.4
At first, I didn't have any audio either.

Ran MultiBeast 4.5.1
Selected ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback

Audio is now up and running!

For those of you using the H61n-USB3 on 10.7.4, my system is fully functional except for sleep. (Sound, HD3000, HDMI Audio, etc all working). The system will go to sleep without a problem, but when I try to wake via USB, fans spin, LEDs illuminate, but I do not get video via DVI (have not tried hdmi since updating).

I'm on F3 bios and have tried the DSDT found in tonymacs database, as well as the beta one that is supposed to fix the no usb power after wake issue. Current chameleon flag are: generate p states, generate c states, restart fix, graphics enabler, and use kernel cache.

I have tried everything I can come up with: dark wake, different DSDTs, appleintelcpupowermanagement patch, applertc patch, removal of any USB3 kexts, removal of nullpowermanagement. I'm out of ideas and frustrated. Anyone have any suggestions for fixing this?

cj73 said:
For those of you using the H61n-USB3 on 10.7.4, my system is fully functional except for sleep. (Sound, HD3000, HDMI Audio, etc all working). The system will go to sleep without a problem, but when I try to wake via USB, fans spin, LEDs illuminate, but I do not get video via DVI (have not tried hdmi since updating).

I'm on F3 bios and have tried the DSDT found in tonymacs database, as well as the beta one that is supposed to fix the no usb power after wake issue. Current chameleon flag are: generate p states, generate c states, restart fix, graphics enabler, and use kernel cache.

I have tried everything I can come up with: dark wake, different DSDTs, appleintelcpupowermanagement patch, applertc patch, removal of any USB3 kexts, removal of nullpowermanagement. I'm out of ideas and frustrated. Anyone have any suggestions for fixing this?

I am having a similar problem to you. Everything is working great apart from Waking the computer. The computer goes to sleep fine but when I either press the power button or keyboard to wake it , it just restarts. I have looked in the OSX Console but cannot find anything obvious. I have used both DSTD's ( one in database and the other one in this thread). I too would be interested if anybody knows of a fix.

Specs:
OS X 10.7.4
Gigabyte H61N-USB3
Corsair 8GB Ram
Intel i3 2105
Using HD3000 Graphics HDMI
Audio via HDMI

tonymacx86 said:
The computer goes to sleep fine but when I either press the power button or keyboard to wake it , it just restarts.

It's your Energy Saver checkboxes- see here:

Sleep - General Troubleshooting Tips
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1165&p=10194#p10194

Yes they are all checked.

One thing I do have are 2 hard drives connected to the internal SATA ports and a DVD drive connected to the external Esata Port. I disconnected the Dvd drive but the same thing happened. I suppose I am clutching at straws. Other than that I only have a mouse and keyboard connected via USB.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-05-30 at 17.53.40.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-30 at 17.53.40.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 214
Gents could I get some help with the hdmi audio?

I have i3 2105, GA-H61N-USB3, 8gb corsair ram, 80gb boot drive, 1tb storage drive.

I have 10.7.4 installed and just trying to test the bits and pieces. Everything boots fine etc etc performance is good, I don't seem to have hdmi audio.

I have followed the info above and ticked all the suggested options in multi beast and the options for audio output in system preferences is:

Internal speakers
Front line out
Rear line out
Digital optical out

None of them give me audio over hdmi.

I have the dsdt file from the database and I'm not sure what to try next.

Could this be the issue? If so how do I clear out the installed audio drivers and start again making sure I have the right ones?

toleda said:
ElegantSpoon said:
None of them give me audio over hdmi.
I have the dsdt file from the database and I'm not sure what to try next.
The dsdt in the database does not have the HDMI audio dsdt edits. Install the H61N dsdt from here http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=33412&p=209915#p209915

Ah right so you don't think it's that link I posted to about having too many audio drivers installed?

I did use that dsdt first but had some issues so went for the one from the data base.

Will try it again :)

I did a fresh install using an HDMI-f3.aml DSDT and installed the "Patched Apple HDA > ALC889 audio kext from with in MB. Lion automatically detects when I turn my tv on, screen flashes and both LCD monitor and TV display works, HDMI audio in settings also works.... The pre-edited DSDT is what I used.. (Same process works in Mountain Lion as well...)

DSDT-GA-H61N-USB3-B3-HDMI-F8.aml

Note: Re-download Lion from app store and make new USB installer using newest UniBeast, will install 10.7.4 OOB instead of update/reboot/update madness...Also, after installing the typical MB kexts/Chimera, reboot and run MB selecting only System Utilities and the aforementioned Audio Kext.

ElegantSpoon said:
Could this be the issue? If so how do I clear out the installed audio drivers and start again making sure I have the right ones?

Attachments

• DSDT-GA-H61N-USB3-B3-HDMI-F8.aml
    17.3 KB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back