Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sergey19687 said:
All the good times of the day!
After installing the DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F7-EHCI-HDMI.aml lost in the sound settings HDMI output and not working headphone output, is only the green line-out, written information about the system- ID of the audio: 889.
I'm using the Intel Core i-3 2105 with the HD-3000 with the connection to the TV instead of monitor.
Perhaps the audio ID should be 389, but how?
Thanks in advance ... :oops:
make sure you are using HDMI2 port under the USB (not VGA). You possibly have another AppleHDA kext in place. check and make sure you don't have an ALC8xx kext. you should only have the AppleHDA.kext (Beta 889) that Toleda posted a link to on the first page of this thread.

Kekst only AppleHDA.kext (beta-889) from Toleda, HDMA cable is properly connected ... :(

sergey19687 said:
Kekst only AppleHDA.kext (beta-889) from Toleda, HDMA cable is properly connected ... :(
If you have the correct DSDT for HDMI on HD3000 and the correct AppleHDA kext, then your audio ID should be 389. Be sure and check your S/L/E folder and make sure there isn't another audio kext that is getting in the way.

Where to get the correct DSDT for HDMI on HD3000?
I believed that DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F7-EHCI-HDMI.aml is the correct version of the latest ...

sergey19687 said:
I believed that DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F7-EHCI-HDMI.aml is the correct version of the latest ...
Yes, if you got it from the Toleda post in the front page of this thread. Rename it dsdt.aml and place it in /Extra folder. Make sure you've fixed permissions (run system utilities from Multibeast is one way to do that).

bc24 said:
sergey19687 said:
Yes, if you got it from the Toleda post in the front page of this thread. Rename it dsdt.aml and place it in /Extra folder. Make sure you've fixed permissions (run system utilities from Multibeast is one way to do that).
Thanks for the advice, it works!
I feel like a complete idiot, that he did not think to rename a file ... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Thanks again for your help and of course a huge thanks to Toleda!
Good luck! With love from Russia :) \ Sergey \.

Has the artifacting issue been resolved for the Custommac minis yet? I built one and still have major artifacting, especially using the new Final Cut. Drives me nuts.

Tried looking back through posts and did what was suggested:
-480mb shared video RAM for onboard graphics with 8GB RAM.
-HPET 64 bit mode
-SATA to AHCI mode

My setup:

Processor: Intel Core i5 2500
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3
CORSAIR 8GB DDR3
APEX MI-008 Mini-ITX

10.7.3 installed with Unibeast

idezine123 said:
Has the artifacting issue been resolved for the Custommac minis yet? I built one and still have major artifacting, especially using the new Final Cut. Drives me nuts.

Tried looking back through posts and did what was suggested:
-480mb shared video RAM for onboard graphics with 8GB RAM.
-HPET 64 bit mode
-SATA to AHCI mode

My setup:

Processor: Intel Core i5 2500
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3
CORSAIR 8GB DDR3
APEX MI-008 Mini-ITX

10.7.3 installed with Unibeast
Nope.

I finally installed the latest DSDT and AppleHDA.kext on one of my mini builds- it works great. I spent about an hour last night watching vimeo hd videos on my hdtv from the HDMI output under the USB ports thru my AV receiver for audio while using the HDMI output under the VGA connector to another monitor w a keyboard to control play out of the videos... having dual monitors from this little box is great!

A few things were unexpected when I did the install... more on that later. The one question I do have is what should I expect for audio options? I downloaded the audio kext and pdf from the link on the first page of this thread, but the pdf shows way more options than System Report shows, but the ALC889 thread is not just for the Mini so maybe all those options don't apply to it? I have this in System Report:

Audio ID: 389

S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio Output:
Connection: Internal

Line Output:
Connection: 1/8" Jack

External Microphone / iPhone Headset

External Microphone / iPhone Headset

Headphone

S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio Output:
Connection: Combination Output

HDMI / DisplayPort Output
Connection: Display

And under System Preferences- Sound:

Input: Line In - Audio Line In Port =======> Doesn't work - Rear Blue Port
Logitech Camera =============> Works

Output: Line Out - Audio Line Out Port =====> Works - Rear Green Connector
Line Out - Audio Line Out Port =====> Works - Rear Black Connector
Digital Out - Optical Digital Output ===> Untested
SC-57 (AV Rcvr) - HDMI =========> Works - HDMI under USB Ports

Headphone Jack does not show up in list or work

I must have missed something...

-----------EDIT-----------------

While trying to figure this out, I decided to update the first CustoMac Mini I built to see if it showed the same info and had the same characteristics. When I changed to the latest update of Toleda's AppleHDA kext yesterday, I noticed it was blue instead of transparent in color. That seemed odd to me because when I updated the other Mini, it was transparent afterwards and that surprised me because I thought it was supposed to be blue. I checked the version of that transparent AppleHDA and it was ver. 1.7.9a4 (I wrote down every file in S/L/E including name, version number, Copyright holder & date- before I ran MultiBeast just so I had a record of what got added or changed in S/L/E) which surprised me a second time because the original kext was v2.1.7 and the first replacement I installed on the first Mini was v2.1.3; I thought maybe that had something to do with my non-functioning inputs and headphone jack and that's one reason why I decided to update the first CustoMac... When I checked the version of AppleHDA on the Mini I just updated it was still 2.1.3, same as it had been before. I guess I didn't need to update AppleHDA after all. I went back to the Mini that I updated last night and checked the AppleHDA kext again... it was 2.1.3, and it was blue now! I can't explain it, but I'm sure I didn't write down info from another kext accidentally because none of the other kexts in S/L/E have that version number- and the kext wasn't blue before- I even made a note about that on my list!

There's good news and theres bad news... the Mini I upgraded last night works great, the only issue I have is whether I should have line inputs & a headphone output & mic input on the front panel.

The bad news... the Mini I upgraded today now has audio pops on the line out! I haven't had so much as a single pop on either of these builds until today! Now, one has no pops and the other one has pops. When I start an audio source- for example, when I change the audio line out from the green output to the black output or vice versa, when I click on an alert sound effect to test it, there is about a 1.5 second delay, significant 'pop' and then the alert sound will play. The following sounds play fine with no pops, but if I change the output to the other output and play an alert sound effect, the same thing occurs- a significant 'pop', a delay of about 1.5 seconds, the alert sound effect plays, then no delay or pops for the following sounds.

WTF???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back