Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

This thread is getting very very long! Impossible for me to read it all...
Maybe it is the time to create anew one with all the updated information? Or something like that?

Can someone confirm that you can actually build this hackintosh and make it work perfectly? Without graphics or sound problem? Running OsX Lion 10.7.2.

I really want to be sure before spending $500+

Thanks.

tleveque said:
Hi.

Maybe it is the time to create anew one with all the updated information? Or something like that?

Can someone confirm that you can actually build this hackintosh and make it work perfectly? Without graphics or sound problem? Running OsX Lion 10.7.2.

Thanks.

Everything works great on the two I have built except the graphic artifacts. I don't believe there is any sure fix for that yet?

I have searched far and wide and it seems it's a well documented problem with no definitive solution.

It's kind of weird because Apple is using the HD3000 in more of there systems. It's in the mini and the new lower macbook pro's. You would think it should work perfect.

wonder what the difference is between there setups and these..

Montmac said:
tleveque said:
Hi.

Thanks.

Everything works great on the two I have built except the graphic artifacts. I don't believe there is any sure fix for that yet?

I have searched far and wide and it seems it's a well documented problem with no definitive solution.

And anybody used a dedicated graphic card with this build? Same problem?

Toleda, thanks for your above suggestion. I'm going to try that as soon as I have enough time in front of the system.

It's kind of weird because Apple is using the HD3000 in more of there systems. It's in the mini and the new lower macbook pro's. You would think it should work perfect.

wonder what the difference is between there setups and these..

Has anyone tried not using the tuneup kit? People having artifacts, did you notice them before the tuneup kit?

tleveque said:
And anybody used a dedicated graphic card with this build? Same problem?

Anyone? I'm planning to slap a radeon 6770 with this build...

I have used both of the recommended graphics cards and both work OOB. Graphics enabler=yes for the Nvidia GT240, Graphics enabler=no for the ATI 5570.

Both worked for me OOB with no artifacts whatsoever. Also the VGA ports worked as well.

Of note, the ATI 570 card was silent and the Nvidia GT240 was loud.

Montmac said:
I have used both of the recommended graphics cards and both work OOB. Graphics enabler=yes for the Nvidia GT240, Graphics enabler=no for the ATI 5570.

Both worked for me OOB with no artifacts whatsoever. Also the VGA ports worked as well.

Of note, the ATI 570 card was silent and the Nvidia GT240 was loud.

Thanks!

TreeMan2011 said:
GinoDivx said:
Sorry for possibly duplicate question, I think I checked first (!) - how do I enable the black line out? I tried all my output options (Audio MIDI Setup), but only one worked (green out). What am I missing here?

System Preferences | Sound | Output | Line Out

I am unable to make any changes there, what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back