Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
HD 630
GA-Z170X-UD3 using onboard I219-V

I lost ethernet after a Clover update to r5151 on Catalina 10.15.7

While trying to get ethernet back I decided to switch to OpenCore followed dortania's guide carefully. Everything seems working but ethernet, still.

OC shows the following error in the log. Any ideas on how to get it loaded?

OC: Prelinked injection IntelMausi.kext () - Invalid Parameter

Post a copy of your OC EFI folder so we can see what you are using.

Just remember to redact/delete the serial number from your config.plist before you post a copy here.

Thanks for response - EFI and OC log posted.

I'm confused which ethernet kext to use, RealtekRTL8111 or IntelMausi - but regardless, nothing loads.

I have tried every ethernet kext I could of. Run through several versions of RealtekRTL8111, same results.

I have rebuilt the config.plist with ProperTree.

I tried changing the config.plist PlatformInfo >> Generic SystemProductName to iMac18,1, no change, reverted to my Clover definition.

To confirm hardware operation I booted Ubuntu - works fine.

Thanks for taking a look.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 76
You need IntelMausi.kext, as your motherboard has an Intel Ethernet controller.

Do you have a Kaby Lake i7-7700K or Skylake i7-6700K CPU? Your motherboard supports both, but you need to confirm which is installed, as your User Profile info is not correct.

As the Skylake i7-6700K has an HD530 IGPU, while the Kaby Lake i7-7700K has a HD630 IGPU. The two IGPU's require different settings in the config.plist. So which do you have?

Your config.plist is a mess. specifically in the PlatformInfo section. You have details for an iMacPro1,1 in the DataHub section, details for a MacPro6,1 in the Generic section and iMacPro1,1 in the SMBIOS section. Neither of these SMBIOS suit your system. As both of those SMBIOS's are for systems without an IGPU and rely on a discrete GPU for all graphics processes.

You should be using the iMac18,1 SMBIOS if you are using the IGPU for all graphics processes, especially if you are using the i7-7700K/HD630 CPU/IGPU combo.

You do not need the following boot arguments in your config.plist:
  • agdpmod=pikera
  • dk.e1000=0
  • e1000=0
  • WatchDog=0
None of the above are useful or required for your mixed Skylake/Kaby Lake system, using just the IGPU.

Looking through your OpenCore log, it shows your system is booting with the MacPro6,1 SMBIOS. This is not a good choice for your system. With it being an IGPU only system.

You have an External OC GUI selected in the config.plist, but have failed to populate the Resources sub-folder with the necessary data. You need to replace the /EFI/OC/Resources folder with the one found in Acidanthera's OCBinaryData Github.

If you have installed the RealtekRTL8111.kext to either the /System/Library/Extensions or /Library/Extensions folder I would recommend removing it and repairing permissions and rebuilding the kernel cache. This may be why you are seeing the Prelinked Injection error related to the Realtek kext.

You have two entries for your Realtek ALC1150 Audio codec in your config.plist. One in the DeviceProperties, the other in the boot args. The one in the boot args takes precedence over the device properties entry. So I would recommend removing the DeviceProperties entry.

It would be helpful if you could provide a copy of your system DSDT.aml table. As this contains information relevant to your setup that could be used to generate a few custom SSDT's and patches for your system. So you don't have to rely on the generic SSDT's you are currently using.

The system DSDT.aml can be obtained in a number of ways.
  1. Download and install maciASL, the app will automatically open your system DSDT.aml. Save this to your desktop, zip the DSDT and post a copy here.
  2. Download and install Hackintool, open the app, navigate to the Utilities tab, select the Dump ACPI icon (4th from the right), the app will download your DSDT in .aml and .dsl formats, along with the system SSDT's. You will be asked where to save these tables as part of the ACPI dump process. Simply create a new folder on the desktop and zip this folder and attach a copy here.
  3. Boot your system using a Clover USB, press the 'F4' key while on the Clover boot screen. The ACPI tables will be saved to the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder on the USB. Compress and attach a copy of the origin folder here.
Hope all this helps.

I'm confused which ethernet kext to use, RealtekRTL8111 or IntelMausi - but regardless, nothing loads.

I have tried every ethernet kext I could of. Run through several versions of RealtekRTL8111, same results.

I have rebuilt the config.plist with ProperTree.

I tried changing the config.plist PlatformInfo >> Generic SystemProductName to iMac18,1, no change, reverted to my Clover definition.

Thanks for taking a look.
  • Removed RealtekRTL8111.kext and replaced with IntelMausi.kext
  • Replaced empty Resources folder with Resources folder from OcBinaryData-master
  • Updated OpenCanopy.efi to match OpenCore version 0.8.8
  • Updated OpenRuntime.efi to match OpenCore version 0.8.8
  • Updated ResetNvramEntry.efi to match OpenCore version 0.8.8
  • Updated ToggleSipEntry.efi to match OpenCore version 0.8.8
  • Removed -v alcid=1 agdpmod=pikera dk.e1000=0 e1000=0 WatchDog=0 and replaced with
    -v alcid=1 keepsyms=1 debug=0x100
  • Replaced your PlatformInfo (it's from a SampleCustom.plist) with the more common PlatformInfo from the sample.plist (serial/rom redacted)
  • Changed SMBIOS to iMac18,1
  • Lilu.kext moved to position 0 in Kernel > Add
  • Cmd+R (OC Snapshot), Save
  • Ran ocvalidathe

NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.8.8!

OCS: Missing key HibernateSkipsPicker, context <Boot>!
OCS: Missing key PointerDwellClickTimeout, context <AppleInput>!
OCS: Missing key PointerDwellDoubleClickTimeout, context <AppleInput>!
OCS: Missing key PointerDwellRadius, context <AppleInput>!
Serialisation returns 4 errors!

Completed validating /Users/robbish/Desktop/mortimersmythe/EFI/OC/config.plist in 3 ms. Found 4 issues requiring attention.

Copied those OCS: Missing keys from the OpenCore version 0.8.8 sample.plist to your config.plist, Saved and Exit.

- Re-Ran ocvalidate

Completed validating /Users/robbish/Desktop/mortimersmythe/EFI/OC/config.plist in 2 ms. No issues found.

Edited EFI attached

Credits, @Edhawk

Attachments

• modding mortimersmythe.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Your configuration does not contain any reference to Intel LAN interface (IntelMausi.kext , see config.plist and OC/Kexts folder).
You may list what kexts are loaded, running this command :

% kextstat | grep -v "com.apple"

It seems you used an older version of OpenCore ( there are files from 2022, Sep 10).
It is better to start from scratch (see dortania guide) using version 0.8.8 (and soon 0.8.9)

Cheers.
Thanks! I started from scratch today, nice rainy day for it.

You do not need the following boot arguments in your config.plist:
  • agdpmod=pikera
  • dk.e1000=0
  • e1000=0
  • WatchDog=0
None of the above are useful or required for your mixed Skylake/Kaby Lake system, using just the IGPU.

Looking through your OpenCore log, it shows your system is booting with the MacPro6,1 SMBIOS. This is not a good choice for your system. With it being an IGPU only system.

You have an External OC GUI selected in the config.plist, but have failed to populate the Resources sub-folder with the necessary data. You need to replace the /EFI/OC/Resources folder with the one found in Acidanthera's OCBinaryData Github.

If you have installed the RealtekRTL8111.kext to either the /System/Library/Extensions or /Library/Extensions folder I would recommend removing it and repairing permissions and rebuilding the kernel cache. This may be why you are seeing the Prelinked Injection error related to the Realtek kext.

You have two entries for your Realtek ALC1150 Audio codec in your config.plist. One in the DeviceProperties, the other in the boot args. The one in the boot args takes precedence over the device properties entry. So I would recommend removing the DeviceProperties entry.

It would be helpful if you could provide a copy of your system DSDT.aml table. As this contains information relevant to your setup that could be used to generate a few custom SSDT's and patches for your system. So you don't have to rely on the generic SSDT's you are currently using.

The system DSDT.aml can be obtained in a number of ways.
  1. Download and install maciASL, the app will automatically open your system DSDT.aml. Save this to your desktop, zip the DSDT and post a copy here.
  2. Download and install Hackintool, open the app, navigate to the Utilities tab, select the Dump ACPI icon (4th from the right), the app will download your DSDT in .aml and .dsl formats, along with the system SSDT's. You will be asked where to save these tables as part of the ACPI dump process. Simply create a new folder on the desktop and zip this folder and attach a copy here.
  3. Boot your system using a Clover USB, press the 'F4' key while on the Clover boot screen. The ACPI tables will be saved to the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder on the USB. Compress and attach a copy of the origin folder here.
Hope all this helps.
Thank you for looking into my EFI! I have used the Hackintool and attached DSDT here (ACPI.zip).

P.S. updated my build signature to show 630 - when I originally built the Kaby Lake system I had to "spoof" as a 530... To clarify, it is indeed a Kaby Lake on a 170 series board.

• Removed RealtekRTL8111.kext and replaced with IntelMausi.kext
  • Replaced empty Resources folder with Resources folder from OcBinaryData-master
  • Updated OpenCanopy.efi to match OpenCore version 0.8.8
  • Updated OpenRuntime.efi to match OpenCore version 0.8.8
  • Updated ResetNvramEntry.efi to match OpenCore version 0.8.8
  • Updated ToggleSipEntry.efi to match OpenCore version 0.8.8
  • Removed -v alcid=1 agdpmod=pikera dk.e1000=0 e1000=0 WatchDog=0 and replaced with
    -v alcid=1 keepsyms=1 debug=0x100
  • Replaced your PlatformInfo (it's from a SampleCustom.plist) with the more common PlatformInfo from the sample.plist (serial/rom redacted)
  • Changed SMBIOS to iMac18,1
  • Lilu.kext moved to position 0 in Kernel > Add
  • Cmd+R (OC Snapshot), Save
  • Ran ocvalidathe

NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.8.8!

OCS: Missing key HibernateSkipsPicker, context <Boot>!
OCS: Missing key PointerDwellClickTimeout, context <AppleInput>!
OCS: Missing key PointerDwellDoubleClickTimeout, context <AppleInput>!
OCS: Missing key PointerDwellRadius, context <AppleInput>!
Serialisation returns 4 errors!

Completed validating /Users/robbish/Desktop/mortimersmythe/EFI/OC/config.plist in 3 ms. Found 4 issues requiring attention.

Copied those OCS: Missing keys from the OpenCore version 0.8.8 sample.plist to your config.plist, Saved and Exit.

- Re-Ran ocvalidate

Completed validating /Users/robbish/Desktop/mortimersmythe/EFI/OC/config.plist in 2 ms. No issues found.

Edited EFI attached

Credits, @Edhawk
Thank you!!! I have done the exact same thing, starting from scratch, i.e. sample-config.plist today. Took a few goes to get her to boot, but eventually got to a nice purple screen.

Fixed the purple using (some recollection of this from my original Clover build):
framebuffer-conX-enable = 01000000
framebuffer-conX-type = 00080000

My ocvalidate results are are clean, but sadly, no ethernet. I have defaulted to trying IntelMausi, as I agree the MB is using an I219-v. (interestingly, many older builds from Clover using the same MB reference using the RealtekRTL8111 - and both were in my Clover kexts.)

RealtekRTL8111 and IntelMausi are nowhere on the drive; i.e. /S/L/E or /L/E IntelMausi.kext now is the only one living in EFI.

Thank you all for helping me.

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    154 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

GA-Z170X-UD3
LAN 1 Intel® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit

https://github.com/acidanthera/IntelMausi
IntelMausi
100 Series
  • I219V

Good, in that case try older versions of the IntelMausi.kext just in case the latest version is the one giving you no ethernet

The system DSDT.aml can be obtained in a number of ways..

As you had ethernet success booting Ubuntu, you may as well boot that up and use Edhawk's guide for creating your own SSDTs. This can be done in Ubuntu too as CoptNewts SSDTTime works in Linux with the added benefit of generating your DSDT.aml in the app as I showed in Post #10 of Edhawk's guide.

Last edited:
I have created the custom SSDT's for your Z170 system using your DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTTTime python script. The tables and patches generated can be found in the attached Results folder.

You should replace the SSDT's in your /EFI/OC/ACPI folder with the ones listed below.
  • SSDT-EC.aml
  • SSDT-HPET.aml - & config patch
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml
  • SSDT-USBX.aml
  • SSDT-XOSI.aml - & config patch
These custom SSDT's and patches will work better and faster than the tables you are currently using, as they are specific to your motherboard.

Thanks for updating your User Profile and setting the IGPU correctly. That now makes more sense.

I have edited your EFI folder to what I think better suits your mixed Skylake/Kaby Lake system.
  1. The revised EFI includes the new custom SSDT's and config.plist patches.
  2. Some unnecessary entries have been removed.
  3. Some entries have been revised to better suit your system.
  4. Some kexts have been added, replaced or removed, i.e. Ethernet kext.
  5. The PlatformInfo section has been replaced so it only contains the Generic Section.
  6. You need to generate a SMBIOS for an iMac18,1 system.
    • I would recommend using Corpnewt's GenSMBIOS script.
    • So you can add the Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID to the Generic section.
Below is a screenshot showing the Revised EFI's contents.

Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 13.15.39.png Revised EFI

DO NOT change anything else in the EFI.

Try booting with the Revised EFI as it is on a spare USB pen drive. Post a photo of the verbose text if the EFI causes a kernel panic.

Attachments

• Results.zip
    42.3 KB · Views: 25
  • EFI.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back