Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OC: Prelinked injection IntelMausi.kext () - Invalid Parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Very grateful.

I've been using a new SMBIOS since it was originally suggested - for an iMac18,1

Booted new content with no panics. Still no ethernet. I tried older versions of IntelMausi.kext, same result.

It might be helpful to restate: the ethernet stopped working when I updated from an earlier Clover to r5151. After the r5151 update, everything working but ethernet. At that point I decided I needed to make the jump to OC, which after starting from scratch was relatively easy. Whatever is happening to prevent the kext from loading, is not specific to OC - but I understand we need it working properly to fully diagnose.

I have a memory of IONetworkingFamily.kext being involved (somehow) from my original Clover build (5-6 years ago) - did we ever have to adjust this to make Clover hacks work? I could be misremembering...

I am attaching some screenshots that might help:

screen-shot-2023-02-05-at-10-23-41-am-png.563042

Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 10.24.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 10.24.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 10.26.30 AM.png

Truly appreciate you all helping.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 10.23.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 10.23.41 AM.png
    144.3 KB · Views: 200
Working Ethernet!

I added some old kexts from my Clover folder into /EFI/OC/Kexts and added to config.plist:

IntelMausiEthernet.kext
IONetworkingFamily.kext

IntelMausi.kext is still there too.

Don't remember how or why those ended up there from 5 years back, but added them and now ethernet works.

Seems like I need to clean something up?

Working Ethernet!

I added some old kexts from my Clover folder into /EFI/OC/Kexts and added to config.plist:

IntelMausiEthernet.kext
IONetworkingFamily.kext

IntelMausi.kext is still there too.

Don't remember how or why those ended up there from 5 years back, but added them and now ethernet works.

Seems like I need to clean something up?
congrats mortimersmythe glad you got your ethernet working.
If it aint broke, don't fix it but..
Here's a clean up guide by Dortania for those making the switch from Clover to OpenCore

I would follow that up by reflashing the BIOS to completely remove any remnants of Clover.
IONetworkingFamily.kext should already be included in macOS so a simple install (installing macOS over your existing install without erasing your drive) should bring the vanilla IONetworkingFamily.kext back into play :thumbup:

Have you checked to see if the Ethernet device is showing up in the System Preferences > Network pane? As IntelMausi.kext is correct for your built-in Ethernet port.

congrats mortimersmythe glad you got your ethernet working.
If it aint broke, don't fix it but..
Here's a clean up guide by Dortania for those making the switch from Clover to OpenCore

I would follow that up by reflashing the BIOS to completely remove any remnants of Clover.
IONetworkingFamily.kext should already be included in macOS so a simple install (installing macOS over your existing install without erasing your drive) should bring the vanilla IONetworkingFamily.kext back into play :thumbup:
Thanks Robbish, truly appreciate your assistance. I clearly needed to clean up better after Clover. I will work to make IntelMausi work without the others. (A Fresh install would have been easier.) On the plus side: I am looking forward to using OpenCore - crash course this weekend. Thanks again.

Have you checked to see if the Ethernet device is showing up in the System Preferences > Network pane? As IntelMausi.kext is correct for your built-in Ethernet port.
Thanks Edhawk, really appreciate the effort and support. I have everything working (can see Ethernet in Sys Prefs). It seems my IONetworkingFamily.kext was "adjusted" at some point in the past, preventing IntelMausi from working. Should be easy to sort and correct from here. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back