Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If anyone has any ideas on what I could try regrading NVMe Kernel Panics, I'm all ears.

I've had this issue with multiple NVMe drives over the last year and nothing ever fully solves it short of full clean re-installs all the time.

I've tried disabling TRIM, disabling RC6 render standby both in OpenCore and in BIOS

I simply can't figure out what's going on here.

Current drive is SN750 2TB

If anyone has any ideas on what I could try regrading NVMe Kernel Panics, I'm all ears.

I've had this issue with multiple NVMe drives over the last year and nothing ever fully solves it short of full clean re-installs all the time.

I've tried disabling TRIM, disabling RC6 render standby both in OpenCore and in BIOS

I simply can't figure out what's going on here.

Current drive is SN750 2TB

I appreciate the link...the SN750 is in the "hall of fame" of good drives to buy for Hackintosh

That's why I actually switched to this one from a 660p Intel in the past.

I appreciate the link...the SN750 is in the "hall of fame" of good drives to buy for Hackintosh

sorry, i read the paragraph wrong :)

I just don't know even "What" to try next

Maybe I should try without NVMEFix.kext?

So frustrated - Everything else is amazing about my Hack still, besides this issue (a really big issue) and I don't want to be relegated to just a simple SATA SSD

maybe if you can show the kernel panic along with your zipped OC folder, someone may be able to help

I was going along problem free for months…and the panics were back again and it all came to a halt two days ago…

Ugh

Back to a SATA ssd ..

Wondering if I should just give up on NVMe

I was going along problem free for months…and the panics were back again and it all came to a halt two days ago…

Ugh

Back to a SATA ssd ..

Wondering if I should just give up on NVMe
Have you tried to do a firmware upgrade of the SSD? It's quite possible it has one. It usually has to be done under Windows first, so backup your NVMe first before doing so.

Secondly is check your motherboard BIOS and see if it requires an update. Check if the PCIe slot settings are in line with the speed it is meant to run at. ie. PCIe3. Check also if the M.2 slot is in conflict with any other installed SSD as some slots on the motherboard use the same DMA/IRQ and swap over the NVMe to another slot if required.

Lastly I should let you know I was running a SN850 on my B550 Vision D board and I never installed any NVMeFix.kext nor any of the OC NVMe drivers. It worked great for me.

You're welcome! I do suggest strongly to also check which slot the M.2 sits in - it is most likely the culprit, as is the installed NVMe kexts/OC drivers (so just tick them off the config.plist if you have them). On my other Z490 Xtreme build, I had to place the NVMe onto another slot in order for it to be boot. Gigabyte usually has a reference table in the manuall that shows which M.2 slots are in conflict with the SATA SSD port.

Back