INTEL CORE i7-4790 3,6GHZ LGA1150
Graphics
ZOTAC - GEFORCE GTX 960 4gb DDr5
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Everyone,
after i made the last update of El Capitan last night and now i get this message when i start my desktop:

"Mac OS X version 10.11.6 (15G21013) is not supported with this package. Please see NVIDIA’s website for further driver information."

I didn't made any backup before this last update so now i don't know how to solve this problem.
Now if i go on "information of this Mac" the graphic card isn't detected and every NVIDIA'S web driver i downloaded say the same error above.

I have A GEFORCE 960 4gb

Thanks for support

Edit: Original repackager is no longer available.

Edit 2: New web driver available for 10.11.6 15G21013: WebDriver-367.15.10.05f01.pkg

Notice as its not explicitly clear from the thread title: We are talking about El Capitan 10.11 in this thread, not other macOS versions.

Last edited:
The repackager source is no longer available.

Last edited:
One of the paths in the repackager script may be wrong (changed in later macOS) - if you get errors replace repackage.sh with the version attached to this post. Source: https://github.com/Pavo-IM/NvidiaWebDriverRepackager
  • Github: Clone or download -> download ZIP (to your 'Downloads' folder)
  • Finder 'Downloads' folder: open/extract the archive NvidiaWebDriverRepackager-master.zip
  • Open the extracted NvidiaWebDriverRepackager-master folder
  • Inside the packages folder, delete WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.121.pkg and replace with your El Capitan NVIDIA driver package
Open a terminal and paste these commands ("open terminal and cd the Nvidia Packager directory")
Code:
cd ~/Downloads/NvidiaWebDriverRepackager-master
then ("run the repackage script by typing ./repackage.sh in terminal")
Code:
./repackage.sh
Ill try again, i might did something wrong couse when i run the repackage.dmg file and restart the computer still not detect the graphic card

I cannot download the NvidiaWebDriverRepackager.
Can you send it again?

Thank you

I cannot download the NvidiaWebDriverRepackager.
Can you send it again?

Thank you
Unfortunately not. Attached archive contains 2 things: repackager Applescript + Info.plist patch commands.

• If you need to install 10.11 NVIDIA drivers try dragging and dropping the installer packager onto the Applescript bundle
  • patch.sh runs the following commands (you can execute the script or just paste them into terminal)
    • sudo plutil -replace IOKitPersonalities.NVDAStartup.NVDARequiredOS -string $(sysctl -n kern.osversion) /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist
    • sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
    • sudo kextcache -u /
Edit: corrected path in plutil command

Attachments

• 10.11-NVIDIA-Repackage+Patch.zip
    65.7 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Screen Shot 2561-06-03 at 1.13.50 PM.png

Still cannot install nvidia web driver.
Please help

Thank you

Status