Register

Nvidia Web Driver doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 334109

Still cannot install nvidia web driver.
Please help

Thank you
Recommend you use an El Capitan version of the driver, the version in your screenshot is for 10.12 - here is a link to a recent release for 10.11:

https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/346/WebDriver-346.03.15f14.pkg

After dragging and dropping the downloaded package onto the 'NVIDIA Repackager' bundle (attached to post #6) don't open the original package or there'll be no change, use the new one that gets created on your desktop.

VoodooHDA issue is off-topic, repair permissions:

Code:
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext
sudo touch /Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -u /

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2561-06-04 at 2.02.11 PM.png

Thank you Vulgo very much but driver still not compatible.
How can I do?

Screen Shot 2561-06-04 at 2.04.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2561-06-04 at 2.04.28 PM.png

346.03.15f14 is not compatible with the latest update, guess I should have checked beforehand if there was an update for the driver before updating the OS. Any word on when NVIDIA is releasing an update?

I try to install older driver but they are all not compatible ,too.

346.03.15f14 is not compatible with the latest update, guess I should have checked beforehand if there was an update for the driver before updating the OS. Any word on when NVIDIA is releasing an update?

I try to install older driver but they are all not compatible ,too.

Run patch.sh (attached to post #6) or enter the commands into terminal - otherwise the driver won't start:

Code:
sudo plutil -replace IOKitPersonalities.NVDAStartup.NVDARequiredOS -string $(sysctl -n kern.osversion) /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist

rebuild caches:

Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions; sudo kextcache -u /

Attachments

• patch.sh.zip
    867 bytes · Views: 69
Thanks, I've got the web driver working but the screen still tears and lag as if I was using the OS X Default Graphics driver.

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions; sudo kextcache -u /

I get these messages when I rebuild cache, any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 5.15.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 5.15.26 PM.png
    136.9 KB · Views: 108
I get these messages when I rebuild cache, any ideas?
Kext allowed messages can be ignored. 10.11 NVDAStartupWeb.kext shouldn't be in /Library/Extensions - maybe you installed a version for 10.13 somehow, you'll need to remove it thoroughly e.g. with the preference pane app that gets installed with the same version of the driver. Or paste into terminal

Code:
sudo rm -r /Library/Extensions/GeForce*Web* /Library/Extensions/NVDA*Web* /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce*Web* /Library/GPUBundles/GeForce*Web* System/Library/Extensions/NVDA*Web*

then re-install 10.11 web driver with the repackager droplet and run the patch commands.

Last edited:
e.g. with the preference pane app that gets installed with the same version of the driver.

Do you mean through the NVIDIA Driver Manager uninstaller? I have uninstalled through that and reinstalled this driver: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/133917/en-us

But I still get the same error message. I've also tried using the code given in the terminal and get this:
rm: /Library/Extensions/GeForce*Web*: No such file or directory
rm: /Library/Extensions/NVDA*Web*: No such file or directory
rm: /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce*Web*: No such file or directory
rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForce*Web*: No such file or directory
rm: System/Library/Extensions/NVDA*Web*: No such file or directory

But I still get the same error message.
Are you still getting the symbol error for file:///Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext? The driver package you linked to 346.03.15f14 installs to /System/Library/Extensions not /Library/Extensions so that file should not exist.

PackageInfo:
install-location="/System/Library/Extensions"

I've also tried using the code given in the terminal and get this:
rm: /Library/Extensions/GeForce*Web*: No such file or directory
rm: /Library/Extensions/NVDA*Web*: No such file or directory
rm: /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce*Web*: No such file or directory
rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForce*Web*: No such file or directory
rm: System/Library/Extensions/NVDA*Web*: No such file or directory
The output shows nothing needs to be removed. What error do you get now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back