Contribute
Register

Nvidia Web Driver doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I can't find the Clover menu screen. Didn't know I had a PC, bought a Mac at create.pro. This is what I have:

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro5,1
Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 3,46 GHz
Number of Processors: 2
Total Number of Cores: 12
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache (per Processor): 12 MB
Memory: 48 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 6,4 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MP51.007F.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.39f11
SMC Version (processor tray): 1.39f11
My bad - It seems you do have a Mac but that means that you have come to the wrong place.
This is a site dedicated to installing Apple operating systems onto non-Apple hardware.
You should try a site more suited to your problem such as macvidcards.com.

For Mac users, this solved my problem:

Download the driver package from post #12
See post #6, download the attachment
In order to disable SIP I had to use an old ATI graphic driver so I can perform a recovery BOOT (Command + R) and enter the terminal
Code:
csrutil disable
Reboot and change to the Nvidia Grpahic Card
Drag and drop the driver package you downloaded onto the 'NVIDIA Repackager' applescript
Install the new package that gets created on the desktop
Execute the 'patch.sh' shell script from terminal or paste into terminal the commands from post #16

That's it, the Nvidia Web Driver is now 346.03.15f14. The CUDA driver says it needs an update although I've downloaded the latest version but everything goes well for the moment. Hope NVIDIA releases an updated driver for this build.

THANK YOU Vulgo for your help!

Last edited:
BTW, should I enable the SIP again?
The web driver won't be allowed with it switched on. You could partially enable it
Code:
csrutil enable --without-kext
or just leave it disabled...

Looks OK. Suggestions:
  • Check SIP is turned off (0x67 etc)
    • terminal: csrutil status
  • If the driver selection is not being remembered see problem 6 in this thread

You need to disable SIP. See post #11. Just in case and to be clear this problem/thread/procedure is for El Capitan 10.11...

Alright, I disabled SIP and reinstalled the driver and it works now! Thanks so much vulgo, you're a lifesaver!

Hello.
What aboud CUDA toolkit? I have the latest version installed 396.64 released 05/17/2018 but it says "Update required". Should I completely uninstall it and reinstall the 9.2 version for High Sierra? Or wait for an NVIDIA update for this build of 10.11.6?
Also the official GPU Driver Version 346.03.15f15 seems to work perfectly.

SOLUTION: It seems the version I had installed was not supported by El Capitan so I installed 8.0.90 and everything goes well now.

Last edited:
Hello.
What aboud CUDA toolkit? I have the latest version installed 396.64 released 05/17/2018 but it says "Update required". Should I completely uninstall it and reinstall the 9.2 version for High Sierra? Or wait for an NVIDIA update for this build of 10.11.6?
Also the official GPU Driver Version 346.03.15f15 seems to work perfectly.

SOLUTION: It seems the version I had installed was not supported by El Capitan so I installed 8.0.90 and everything goes well now.
Thanks I put the driver link near the top of the thread.

Edit: Original repackager is no longer available.

Edit 2: New web driver available for 10.11.6 15G21013: WebDriver-367.15.10.05f01.pkg

Notice as its not explicitly clear from the thread title: We are talking about El Capitan 10.11 in this thread, not other macOS versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back