Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.3 Graphics Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: NVIDIA Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.3 Graphics Drivers

So has anyone found a compelling reason to start using these drivers over the default drivers in 10.8.3? My 650ti Boost seems to be running well with the default drivers, and I really don't want to install the new ones unless I'm getting a performance and/or stability boost.

Is also your videocard detected as NVIDIA GK 106?

I installed this driver, and already had the CUDA 5.0.59 installed. When I activate the Web Driver, my Windows HD fails to mount, and I can't access any of the other local systems on my network. If I move back to the OS X driver, everything goes back to normal immediately. Anybody else having this issue?

Specs:
Core i7 3770K, 16GB RAM, GA-Z77-DS3H, GTX 650

Guys, GTX 580 any supported?

I get password request but after restart nothing changes

see:

Attachments

• nvda.png
    nvda.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 140
  • Cuda.png
    Cuda.png
    81 KB · Views: 149

This driver fixes the freezings on my Fermi card! Just removed the original ones and the system will load the Nvidia versions. I don't have performance issues.
- GTX 560 ti

Attachments

• Apple - Nvidia.png
    Apple - Nvidia.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 153

It's such a shame that NVIDIA still haven't fixed the power mode switch bug when dual monitors are connected. My GTX480 is still stuck at 405MHZ instead of 50MHZ at idle when two monitors are connected

Does this bug also occur on GTX650 ?

Thanks for all the info !

I have two questions I'm hoping someone can help me with before I take the plunge. I have a decently working EVGA GeForce 650 and I don't want to mess with it unless triple monitors is possible. So my questions are:

1) Has anyone confirmed this works with GeForce 650, it's not listed on the Nvidia site as being supported.

2) Can anyone confirm triple monitor support for these drivers?

Installed it but I can;t choose nvidia web driver and it says my gtx 680 is unsupported.

Everytime I choose the nvidia driver and reboot it defaults to the OS X standard one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back