Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.3 Graphics Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
WORKED for me 10.8.3 gtx 670 2600k z77 ud5h, new drivers seems to be even better in term of performance

Article: NVIDIA Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.3 Graphics Drivers

Has anyone noticed increase in performance?
With my GTX 650 ti, I actually noticed a slight decrease in performance although my card is now recognized in "about this mac" as GTX 650 ti. Here are my results with Unigine set to extreme.

Before...
Screen Shot 2013-05-15 at 6.24.47 PM.png

After...
Screen Shot 2013-05-16 at 5.53.05 PM.png

I have same problem new drivers not loaded after added nvda flag
any advices?
The drivers are actually loaded, even though it might not show it in the nvidia control panel.

Same error here, OS X Default Driver only even with boot args set. I hope, someone will find a solution.

My system :
Gigabyte GTX 670 OC 2GB
i7 3770K
Z77X-UP5 TH

How is this looking for the GTX 550 Ti and the GTS 450, which still have problems in 10.8.3?

I am using GA-Z77N wifi, i5 3570k, 8GB Corsair and GEFORCE 550ti and have installed these drivers running 10.8.3 and (think) I have done the changing of all the strings correctly, yet it always defaults to the OSX Installed Drivers and requires me to change it everytime in the Sys Prefs. Once I do change it, it seems to stay, recognizes 1536 MB on the card, even though it is only 1GB... (not sure why it sees it like this?)

Running as 3,1 MacPro

Not sure what I might do to change - or if the graphics card (550ti) is just not supported? my "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" looks like:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 nvda_drv=1 </string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>nvda_drv</key>
<string>1</string>

... does this look right? I have tried both ways without each in and rebooted with the same results each time (not having it default to the Nvidia graphics drivers - requiring a switch in preferences). This is my current situation, and first post here - hope this can lead to a resolve for me and anyone else with these issues. After Reboot - Once I have selected NVIDIA graphics drivers, it requires me to enter my user p/w and then stays selected and seems to run just fine - new CustoMac build stayed on the longest it has stayed on in the last week so far today w/o any of the infamous freezes I have come so accustomed to.

I still get the Fermi freeze with my GTX460 SE after turning on the NVIDIA driver.
I could've guessed the freezing wouldn't go away because the card isn't supported by these drivers, but it was worth a try.

Sadly, the new drivers don't fix the problem I have with Dirt 2 game crashing after some minutes hard play since moving to 10.8.3. Was okay on 10.8.2, could play for hours, but now Apple supplied Nvidia drivers and the Nvidia Web driver cause it to crash after some time. Maybe I need to upgrade my video card ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back