Contribute
Register

Nvidia Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Graphics Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Nvidia Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Graphics Drivers

MacPro3,1
as far as I know thus Error only shows up at iMac Definitions because of the enhanced Powermanagemen.

Everything when perfect! Im on a Ga-Z68XP-UD4, core i3 2100 and EVGA GT 430. I try for hours to get it working with kexts and EFI strings, but with this drivers it just work. Done in a clean install mac 10.8 + combo update to 10.8.2 + multibeast and this drivers

Three monitor support!! With my GTX 680, Check!!

i can also confirm 3 monitors all fully supported on my stock 680 :) win win win

happy camper

Hello tonymac,

Can someone of you write a official Guide how to install these kexts ? and which kexts should be deleted beforce installing the nvidia kext. That would be very helpful. Im wondering if these nvidia kext will get off the blackscreen issue after apple boot logo...

Hello tonymac,

Can someone of you write a official Guide how to install these kexts ? and which kexts should be deleted beforce installing the nvidia kext. That would be very helpful. Im wondering if these nvidia kext will get off the blackscreen issue after apple boot logo...

Just installe the PKG?

Just installe the PKG?

Are you sure that the native osx kexts dont have to be deleted ? Just install the package and thats all ?

Are you sure that the native osx kexts dont have to be deleted ? Just install the package and thats all ?

I think so, yes. I did a CCC Backup after the installation and the CCC Archive contained a lot of nvidia kexts...

GT520 add my device id re patch to have OpenCl working tested with LuxMark_v2.0_OSXIntel64

Great! Got my new monitor in all 3 screens are working.
OJJHjl.jpg

5vNsS.png

Now I just need to finish putting the computer back together and clean up wires. :banghead:

Unable to install the driver. The installer keep saying "The computer will not support GeForce or Quadro Mac OS X edition cards. How?

Unable to install the driver. The installer keep saying "The computer will not support GeForce or Quadro Mac OS X edition cards. How?
Found a fix to this issue without having to change out which SMBIOS you are running.
Download Nvidia drivers and this: http://cl.ly/0L3a1h1z1f3D

1) Mount the downloaded DMG File
2) Right click on the package and click "Show Package Contents"
3) Inside the Contents folder you will see a Distribution.dist replace it with the one from the download.
4) Run package like normal

^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back