Contribute
Register

Nvidia Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Graphics Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Nvidia Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Graphics Drivers

Three monitor support!! With my GTX 680, Check!!

Confirmed, I'm running 3 monitors with my GTX 670 now. I was unable to get a 4th one running (HDMI) at the same time though. Currently running 4 monitors, 3 on the GTX 670, and 1 on the internal Intel HD 4000.

Guys! this is a IMPORTANT note! also Tonymacx86 Team should know and maybe add this to the Frontpage.

After many days no, weeeeeeeeeks i found finally what the problem is for the BlackScreen after DeepSleep wake up.

And guess what it was? "XQuartz"

So if you have XQuartz installed and running as default server, it will break the DeepSleep.

I can confirm this 100% because i rebooted and tested the DeepSleep right away after every install i made after having Mountain Lion 10.8.2 working with DeepSleep on my Hackintosh.

So XQuartz need to be Fixed!

Maybe someone could contact the envelopers to fix this. As i have spend now to much time on this and need some sleep.

Again, it's XQuartz that gives me a Blackscreen on waking up after DeepSleep.

Hope this will save a lot of users a lot of Time now that you all know what the problem is for DeepSleep.

Cheers

"Lisapower"

Hackintosh: - Mac Pro (System definition 3.1)
System: - Mountain Lion 10.8.2
Bootloader: - Chimera v1.11.1
MB: - Gigabyte x58a-ud3r r2 Bios FF
CPU: - Intel 960 (3.30GHz) Quad-Core
GraphicsnVidia - GeForce GTS 450 OC (1GB) DDR5
Ram - Corsair 6GB DDR3 (1600mhz) -
Geekbench: - Score10836

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

UPDATE! - UPDATE! - UPDATE! - UPDATE! - UPDATE! - UPDATE! - UPDATE! - UPDATE! - UPDATE! - UPDATE! - UPDATE! -

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

Guys! this is a IMPORTANT note! also Tonymacx86 Team should know and maybe add this to the Frontpage.

I was wrong with my comment about XQuartz breaks DeepSleep. And i'm really sorry for that, but mistakes happened.

After many days no, weeeeeeeeeks i found finally what the problem is for the BlackScreen after DeepSleep wake up.

And guess what it was? "Realtek Gigabite Ethernet from MultiBeast 5.1.2"

So if you have Realtek "Gigabite Ethernet from MultiBeast 5.1.2" installed, it will break the DeepSleep.

I solved the issue just by making a clean install from scratch, but this time i used "Ln2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet from MultiBeast 5.1.2"

I first thought that it was XQuartz that breaks the DeepSleep but it's not,

Again, it's "Gigabite Ethernet from MultiBeast 5.1.2" that gives me a Blackscreen on waking up after DeepSleep and also CPU hangs.

With "Ln2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet from MultiBeast 5.1.2" everything runs fine, except for the random freezes that nVidia users have.

To Fix the random freezes just run a short clip in VLC Player as a loop in the Background. So The CPU is always busy. This fixes the random freezes. This is a temporarily fix. but better then to Reboot all 10min.

Hope this will save a lot of users a lot of Time now that you all know what the problem is for DeepSleep (BlackScreen) & CPU Hanging.

Cheers

"Lisapower"

Hackintosh: - Mac Pro (System definition 3.1)
System: - Mountain Lion 10.8.2
Bootloader: - Chimera v1.11.1
MB: - Gigabyte x58a-ud3r r2 Bios FF
CPU: - Intel 960 (3.30GHz) Quad-Core
GraphicsnVidia - GeForce GTS 450 OC (1GB) DDR5
Ram - Corsair 6GB DDR3 (1600mhz) -
Geekbench: - Score10836

EXTRA IMPORTANT FOR FERMI!!!!

Disable AppeGraphicsPowerManagement.kext in S/L/E. The only way i found to avoid random freezes,besides the VLC loop trick. I have renamed the kext to AppeGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.buk, and has become a folder(didnt want to delete it), its working, confirmed. Many hours idle after working with Premiere.

Disable AppeGraphicsPowerManagement.kext in S/L/E. The only way i found to avoid random freezes,besides the VLC loop trick. I have renamed the kext to AppeGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.buk, and has become a folder(didnt want to delete it), its working, confirmed. Many hours idle after working with Premiere.
Not required when using MacPro3,1.

edit. nevermind. It worked for a day. I just turned on my projector (secondary display) and the system froze in the blue screen. Oh well..........

Installed. Running i7, 16GB RAM and GTX 680.

So far so good.

DEAR MACMAN/TONY. Please DON'T REMOVE 6XX option from the multibeast setting ;)!!!

Will this update get the GTX 660M on 10.8.2 to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back