Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11.6 (346.03.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11.6 (15G1217)
Hi all,
don't you know if nVidia WEB will be available, or may I step back in time machine?
Thank you, Michal

Hi all,
don't you know if nVidia WEB will be available, or may I step back in time machine?
Thank you, Michal

You can install the beta Drivers or modify the NVDAStartupWeb.kext.

Which beta driver? Would you mind pointing it out to me?

Thanks.

I tried modifying the kext but I don't know how to put it back into the .pkg file.

Thanks. I installed the beta drivers and El Capitan recognizes the drivers, but my system reboots every time I try to launch Adobe Premiere.

I'm so mad at myself for installing the Security Update while in the middle of a project. Lesson learned, though.

Anyway, does anybody know how I can put the edited kext back into the .pkg file?

I have the latest driver package installed. After the OSX update, its a case of editing a single file to allow the newer OSX build version to run with the existing driver package; it will perform as it did before the update.

Once a newer driver version is released, you simply install that as normal and it will overwirte the edited file above and return everything back to the way it was, but obviosuly supporting the updated version of OSX.

You are free to do it either way; as described above or by temporarily using the beta driver.

I prefer the above method because although we are performing a minor 'hack' on one of the driver files, it means we get to use a more recent version of the driver and not an older beta version.

I have the latest driver package installed. After the OSX update, its a case of editing a single file to allow the newer OSX build version to run with the existing driver package; it will perform as it did before the update.

Once a newer driver version is released, you simply install that as normal and it will overwirte the edited file above and return everything back to the way it was, but obviosuly supporting the updated version of OSX.

You are free to do it either way; as described above or by temporarily using the beta driver.

I prefer the above method because although we are performing a minor 'hack' on one of the driver files, it means we get to use a more recent version of the driver and not an older beta version.

What did you actually change? Did I miss some post that mentioned it?

You need to edit
/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist and look for
<key>NVDARequiredOS</key> the next line should be
<string>15G1212</string>
Change it to <string>15G1217</string>.

You can use Xcode, PlistEdit Pro or a text editor.

New NVIDIA driver just came up 5 minutes ago, for build 15G1217. The name of the file is 346.03.15f06. However I don't know where did the download go, since I've updated through the NVIDIA preferences pane, and I can't find the file on the internet to post the link here.

Attachments

• Nvidia driver.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 169
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back