Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11.6 (346.03.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I recognize that it's impossible to predict the future, are we still expecting pascal support to actually happen at some point? I think it has been six months now.

If it's still probably coming, I should I should continue to use Integrated Graphics while I wait (despite issues with the screen randomly flashing to black for extended periods).

If it's unlikely to happen, I think I should get an RX480 or something for OS X, and dedicate my GTX 1070 to Windows/VR only.

Last edited:
While I recognize that it's impossible to predict the future, are we still expecting pascal support to actually happen at some point? I think it has been six months now.

If it's still probably coming, I should probably continue to use Integrated Graphics while I wait (despite issues with the screen randomly flashing to black for extended periods).

If it's unlikely to happen, I should probably get an RX480 or something for OS X, and dedicate my GTX 1070 to Windows/VR only.
Yes it's expected, since nVidia keeps updating WebDrivers and Cuda for Sierra.

Also you're better off getting a used 980Ti than an RX480.

Ok, first world problem some may say, but I can't get for the life of me that the 27" monitor uses a higher than 1920x1080 resolution. The monitor's (Ilyama) native resolution is 2560x1440, but if I use an HDMI-cable (tried two), 1920 is the max. If I use a DVI-cable, 2560 is offered under Windows, but it only doubles every second pixel, so the effective resolution is 1280x1440 (the Ilyama also says that on the on-screen menu). Clover does the same thing, and if I boot macOS (Sierra), when the graphic driver kicks in (latest NVidia Web), I get a noise screen, just like in the old TV-days, when you left the TV on a channel with no station tuned in.

Anybody any idea what this could be? Thanks a lot!

Another security update up the build to 15G1212. Anyone has a link to the updated web driver?
Thanks

There is no updated driver yet- you can use the beta driver until it is released.

Web Driver 346.03.15f05 already installed!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 01.34.16.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 01.34.16.png
    135 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Great news! Here's the download link for the official Nvidia web driver, for MacOS build 15G1212: 346.03.15f05

Latest update is macOS 10.12.2 (16C67) right? Because that's what i'm on and i checked in the appstore for updates and there were none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back