Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.1 (367.15.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
there was a question from waspinator: "Is it possible to use the built in graphics card of the CPU (Intel HD 4600) for macOS while having a Pascal card (1070) in the computer to use in Windows?"

can someone confirm this?

EDIT: so i tried by myself, (i have gtx 980ti Gigabyte windforce)
need in bios enable IGPU, init video to IGPU, save config, reboot, HDMI cable plug in mother board..
when boot i have working both GPU and IGPU (HDMI cable plug into GTX 980ti - working, HDMI cable plug into MB HD4600 - working), so ok, working solution but only when you have drivers installed in mac, of course in my case, because i have gigabyte 980ti..

if i boot with nv_disable=1, (must tried because new GTX 10xx there is no drivers, so we need tried how these card will be behave), so after full boot to os (nv_disable=1) in my case fans spinning at 100% rpm, when i was 750ti (gigabyte) - drivers not installed - fans was spinning normal, so i guess for some models is not solution and we dont know how fans on gtx 10xx will be behave,

so, if you have dualboot mac and windows (only for games) like me, yes u can have igpu for mac and gtx 10xx for windows but how gtx 10xx will behave in mac without drivers? (fans spinning?, temps?, core/mem freq? etc..) thats the question..
and someone write u need unplug a plug HDMI cable everytime when boot from mac to win, not true, u can have 2 cables pluged to monitor, for example HDMI for mac, and dvi for win and u just switch source on monitor

i was consider buy gtx 1070, but i ended with 980ti - performace is same as 1070, i have drivers for mac, for my monitor (2560x1080) in mostly games i have 60fps without problem, yes power conconsumption is higer - but i do not care :)

sorry for my english

Last edited:
there was a question from waspinator: "Is it possible to use the built in graphics card of the CPU (Intel HD 4600) for macOS while having a Pascal card (1070) in the computer to use in Windows?"

can someone confirm this?

While not identical,
  • Mac 10.12.1: HD530 via motherboard HDMI -> 3440x1440 (50hz) monitor.
  • Windows 10: MSI 1080 DisplayPort -> 3440x1440 (100hz)
Works well but still waiting like everyone else for native 1080 drivers.

Just a quick question, maybe someone can help me. How do I easily switch between Nvidia Web Drivers and the native macOS driver?

I just unclick nvidia web in clover - system parameters? And I leave Inject system ID clicked?

Just a quick question, maybe someone can help me. How do I easily switch between Nvidia Web Drivers and the native macOS driver?

I just unclick nvidia web in clover - system parameters? And I leave Inject system ID clicked?
What makes you think that any one question is quicker than another ?

Use the Nvidia menu bar icon to switch between System drivers and Nvidia.
If you don't see the menu bar icon you can turn it on from the Nvidia preference pane.

Last edited:
I just got a new GTX980, and was having some trouble getting it up and running on my system.
It's a Z170N-Gaming 5 with an i7 6700K CPU; I was originally using the built-in 530 graphics.
Running Sierra (10.12.1) from the start, which has been pleasantly stable.

I got the card installed and displaying video easily enough, and switched the BIOS over to disable the internal graphics altogether.

I followed the instructions here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...for-macos-sierra-10-12-1-367-15-10-15.205568/
But I was unable to get the web drivers to load, and certain apps would be really crappy-looking (lots of tearing/slow redraws).

So after a lot of trial-and-error, I found this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/
And started with "Problem 6" - which walked me through re-running the Clover installer, using the customize section and installing "EmuVariableUefi-64" - which, for one reason or another, didn't seem to be installed.

After the installer restarted the machine, the web drivers were loaded, and everything seems to be working now!

Hope this helps someone else out!

All of you using this thread for support questions should have more respect for what the moderators and administrators have already stated. This site has the most organized help and support forum you'll find on this topic anywhere, thus there is no reason to spam this thread with graphics issues. There are dedicated threads for these specific issues. In here; We don't want to read it and you should absolutely not be helped by anyone because you don't respect the staff here.

wen will the drivers for the 10 series be relest

Anyone has problems like that with Sierra and 367.15.10.15f03? The finder, Safari and Mail have problems displaying images and icons. All the other sorftware, including the graphic heavy ones like Resolve, FCPX and AE are running just fine. Chrome works perfectly but Safari can't show me anything but junk. I have a 660it and a 980 and three monitors. I tried many configurations, with one card, two cards, one to three monitors. Everything was perfect with Yosemite but Sierra is a disaster. The best I could get was to use the 660ti to drive the 4k monitor and the 980 for the two HD ones, which is ridiculous because the 660 is not strong enough for the 4k. It does display correctly but as soon as I ask the card for a lot of memory, everything goes bad. With that configuration, Mail and Safari display correctly but only if they are on the HD monitors, and on different ones (980). The main problem is with the 980 as there are no combinations that work perfectly, even if I only have that card in the computer. It's really frustrating. I updated to Sierra because of FCPX...

ProblemSierra.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back