Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.1 (367.15.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if we have a 17,1 iMac profile, do we need to change it to receive support for these drivers? If so, is there any news about the right drivers coming out?

Okay so I installed the new NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.12.1 (16B2657). but I'm having a problem .
when I boot, super smooth boot and really fast but when I get to the login screen its all glitches I can still login but nothing shows up. picture below. If I boot using Mac default driver I can boot and no problem but GPU shows as 0 MB in "about this Mac"

Details
Sierra (16B2657)
iMac 14,2 definition
graphics card Gigabyte GTX 980 Wind-force
full

full

I had a fully operational system with working graphics until the new updated driver came out. It will not load the web driver and I had to change back my nvidiawebdriver to false for the time being until I can get a working driver.

All my specs are on my profile. I also made a guide for my board. Also running iMac 14,2

Please help!

This is not a support thread, please stop spamming help requests in here. Still awaiting pascal updates.

This is not a support thread, please stop spamming help requests in here. Still awaiting pascal updates.
Not sure who you're talking to. Mine wasn't so much a technical question as a yes or no.

Last edited:
I've got a black screen issue with NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.12.1 (16B2657) drivers. Details: Sierra (16B2657), Clover with iMac 14,2 definition and GT 740 card, DVI connection. The macOS boots "ok" - it doesn't hang, I can ping it, but it just has a black screen. The only way to boot it normally is to specify "nv_disable=1". Drivers were installed and properly injected into config.plist of Clover. Any idea how to fix the issue?

Hi, is it compatible with mobile cards? likle nvidia 980M with 8Gb of ram...?

Thanks,
F

I've got a black screen issue with NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.12.1 (16B2657) drivers. Details: Sierra (16B2657), Clover with iMac 14,2 definition and GT 740 card, DVI connection. The macOS boots "ok" - it doesn't hang, I can ping it, but it just has a black screen. The only way to boot it normally is to specify "nv_disable=1". Drivers were installed and properly injected into config.plist of Clover. Any idea how to fix the issue?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/

No luck getting these drivers to work in 5K with my HP Z27q and GTX 980 Ti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back