Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.0 (367.15.10.05)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,
I recently updated to Sierra. Updated my Nvidia Drivers to 367.15.10.05f01 and everything seemed to work nicely until I found some weird stuff on chrome:
View attachment 213707

I've been noticing this on other Chromium-based apps as well such as Spotify and Discord. The only solution I've found is to switch to the system default color profile, which kinda stinks.

Hey,

I managed to get my 980Ti to work.
I installed the Nvidia Webdrivers when NV_disable was activated and restarted. After that I removed the NV_Disable as well as the NVDA_DRV bootflag from the config.plist of clover and wrote the following bootflag inside the config.plist:

<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>​

Tada, everything went fine. I used no AGDPFix or smthg.
Hope I could help :)

PS: May you have a VGA Display on the DVI output via an adapter? With that I am in a bootloop :p

Yes, I added that key as well, still I get a black screen.
I've connected my single monitor by Display Port.

I've been noticing this on other Chromium-based apps as well such as Spotify and Discord. The only solution I've found is to switch to the system default color profile, which kinda stinks.
Changing the color profile works, but yeah it sucks! Well with apps like Spotify and Discord we can pretty much confirm that an issue exists with the drivers. At least with Chromium-based apps.

GTX 960 Sierra 10.12.1 Beta (16B2338c)

Sorry for not answering for some days.

To get my GTX970 running with macOS 10.12 I didn't have so much to do. I updated the Webdriver after updating macOS and had the black screen problem. I connected via VNC and applied the AGDPFix 1.3 which is downloadable from some pinned thread in the graphics section again (already did this before) and it worked.

Unfortunately there are still some glitches they may have to do with my pseudo dual monitor setup (DellUP2715K 5k monitor running with 2xDP connected). I sometimes get 2 desktops after boot, especially when the system crashes (which primarly happened as long as i had energy settings set to suspend the machine). Apart from that things work quite well but i feel like there will be a better nvidia driver soon. At least some small stuff that i think could be caused by this driver and that hopefully get fixed soon.

Hello Helmi74

How did you get it to work? I have the same graphics card and used the AGDPFIX too - (to fix black screen), but it still splits my display ? I really want to jump on Sierra from Yosemite, but this is the only thing holding me back. NV_Spanmode=1 thing is "gone", so is this why we can't have it working?

If anyone else knows a solution to get 5k working on Sierra with Dell UP2715K, please share.

Does anyone else experience trouble with the GT 610 on Sierra?
Yes, I do have. The native resolution of 1366 * 768 is not getting displayed..... Have followed almost all the steps in this thread to no avail :(

Tried all these - enabled / disabled
- nvda_drv =1
- nv_disable =1
- dart = 0
- Have the latest Clover configurator as well

Edit : I still have issues with resolution on macos Sierra. Help needed ..!

Last edited:
Could you share a screenshot of the problem? I can try to reproduce

Hello Helmi74

How did you get it to work? I have the same graphics card and used the AGDPFIX too - (to fix black screen), but it still splits my display ? I really want to jump on Sierra from Yosemite, but this is the only thing holding me back. NV_Spanmode=1 thing is "gone", so is this why we can't have it working?

If anyone else knows a solution to get 5k working on Sierra with Dell UP2715K, please share.

I really would tell you how but I can't. I played around and tested quite a few things. Also when I had this split screen issue I couldn't work at all as my display always showed the wrong screen. I worked around this by connecting via Screens/VNC. I really can't tell you what made it up but it works until now. All the frequent crashes are gone too and the only real problem left is my mouse pointer issue (see my thread in the Sierra section for that).

I really would tell you how but I can't. I played around and tested quite a few things. Also when I had this split screen issue I couldn't work at all as my display always showed the wrong screen. I worked around this by connecting via Screens/VNC. I really can't tell you what made it up but it works until now. All the frequent crashes are gone too and the only real problem left is my mouse pointer issue (see my thread in the Sierra section for that).

Thanks for getting back Helmi. Thats a bummer.

Could you share your installation perhaps? Like...

what you apply in Multibeast?
what clover version and config?
what extra modifications/fixes like "AGPIFix" etc?
what Nvidia drivers?

Maybe it can square out what you have done differently then me and others :)

Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back