Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (387.10.10.10.40)

can somebody tell me how to fix CUDA ?
I've updated Nvidia web drivers, and CUDA still not working with latest version.
It als keeps reporting update required.
(even after testing clean install HS same problems)

Schermafbeelding 2019-01-26 om 18.29.56.png

can somebody tell me how to fix CUDA ?
Driver 355.11.10.10.40.102 is not a Nvidia Web Driver.
CUDA only works with Nvidia Web Drivers.

Anyone know if the latest 387.10.10.10.40.118 works well with dual-GPU setups?

Anyone know if the latest 387.10.10.10.40.118 works well with dual-GPU setups?
What do you mean by dual? If you want some functionality like SLI in Windows - then no. MacOS does not support SLI. But if you mean the two cards working at the same time - then yes - no issues so far at least for my setup. I have two Pascal cards in SLI which I use in Windows. However, my Hackintosh HS 10.13.6 is installed on the same machine, and I can attach my monitors plug and play to both cards. Also, I have no issues doing it within Mojave with the drivers workaround installation method, no acceleration there though.

Last edited:
Last edited:
What do you mean by dual? If you want some functionality like SLI in Windows - then no. MacOS does not support SLI. But if you mean the two cards working at the same time - then yes - no issues so far at least for my setup.

I use my two 1080ti's for GPU processing within both Redshift Render as well as Blackmagic Resolve, so I was asking if both GPU's are recognized and utilized without issues with the new driver. If anyone is using Redshift or Resolve with two GPU's and could chime in that would be awesome!

I use my two 1080ti's for GPU processing within both Redshift Render as well as Blackmagic Resolve, so I was asking if both GPU's are recognized and utilized without issues with the new driver. If anyone is using Redshift or Resolve with two GPU's and could chime in that would be awesome!
I'm sorry, I don't have this software on my setup in order to test it for you, but I hope someone who does will pitch in with some answers for you. However, you can find the answer on your own since you have the option to create an image of your OSX drive with Acronis true image or alternative disk cloning software and install the new web drivers afterward. If anything goes wrong you can revert your system to its previous state using the drive image you've created earlier. In addition, there exist the option to uninstall the updated web drivers from Nvidia preference pane in case they don't satisfy your expectations. After a system reboot, you can install the web drivers that you were happy with using the following command in the terminal without the quotes: "bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh) 387.10.10.10.40.113". Just substitute the driver number with the drivers you were happy with in the first place. Or if your OSX version allows it you can install them using the regular installation method.

Last edited:

Which osx do you use? I'm using 10.12.6 with webdrivers for dual nvidia cards setup for Resolve and Octane renderer in C4D. But 10.12.6 doesn't support i7 8700k, as I know...

New update pushed out to 10.13.6. (387.10.10.10.40.122) Not sure what this brings to the table. Still waiting for Mojave support.

Been trying to update card from GTX 970 to GTX 1070 but I haven't been able to. Even with fresh 10.13.6 (17G65) Install I'm still getting boot loop.

Any help please?

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 274
Back