Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i'm about to rebuild my Skylake Hackintosh build with a new OS and new Titan Xp card - and this Nvidia driver nonsense has me concerned. Should I just install the latest build of Sierra instead of High Sierra to avoid all this Nvidia driver pain? I'm currently on 10.11.5 with my 980ti and only need to update the OS so I can use my new Xp Card. Any advice here would be appreciated. Thanks! (GA-Z170X-UD5-TH MB and i7 6700k)

I have exactly the same machine like you and would recommend you to install 10.13.4 but using nVidia driver .106.
OK - Maybe i'll give that a shot first and if it's laggy i'll do a re-install of 10.12? That seem like a reasonable plan?

Yes of course. I‘m also editing in FCPX and I feel the performance is pretty good. Maybe Vega or RX5XX will be better but I also play games in Windows.

Cool - I boot into Windows for VR stuff so i'm in a similar boat. Hoping to do this update this week so i'll keep you posted :D
Yes of course. I‘m also editing in FCPX and I feel the performance is pretty good. Maybe Vega or RX5XX will be better but I also play games in Windows.

I don't understand why whenever new Nvidia drivers are released tonymacx86 posts the same (tweaked) pre-canned release announcement as if nothing is wrong. No disrespect to tonymacx86 as I'd be lost without this site, but have any of the last few Nvidia releases been useful to anyone? Why continue to announce these new releases with no mention that they are basically useless to this community? Please excuse me if I'm missing something here but I'm confused at best by the current situation with Nividia in the Hackintosh world.
The new drivers, and for that matter any of the previous Nvidia drivers, have never been useless to me on my rigs and the way they are configured. Nvidia bashing will not help you rather do some serious troubleshooting to find the problem in your system and or non Apple software you are using.

Because I can use them on my GTX 9xx series cards w/o any problems, like others with the same cards. Additionally, it appears to be a Skylake and newer system problem for the GTX 10x0 cards.
Also don't forget that Nvidia makes it quite clear that their drivers are experimental and support for ANY Nvidia card we throuw at their drivers is not guaranteed.

Last edited:
Also don't forget that Nvidia makes it quite clear that their drivers are experimental and support for ANY Nvidia card we through at their drivers is not guaranteed.

This is probably the best argument for recommending users avoid Nvidia cards at this point, especially with native support for RX 500-series and Vega cards.

Could you share the latest versions? I'm in the same boat.

Edit: Downloaded latest NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext release (1.2.4) from 3 days ago.
Latest Lilu.kext hasn't been updated in a while (1.2.2).

No change for me, still no DP audio, I did however downgrade to 106 revision of Nvidia drivers as was finding the latest very laggy.

Edit 2: Compiled Lilu.kext (1.2.3) is 1.1mb compared to 123kb release (1,.2.2). Reluctant to try the compiled version :(
You should not only compile Lilu. For Lilu and its siblings to work such as NvidiaGraphicsFixup, Shiki and others you may be using, these must all be compiled against the Lilu debug version first. Binaries collected from various sources on the net will most likely not conform to this basic requirement, and will therefore not work as intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back