Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can i try cuda driver on 1060? should it be installed with the webdriver? Sorry for my eng. and i newbie on hack. Reseller dont change my card, and and now I will live with her. made a mistake when choosing a card. but 1060 is good, I am frustrated

I do hope they fix these drivers. The 387 drivers are horribly slow, but I can enable G-Sync without the graphics completely locking up. Where the 378 drivers are not laggy and everything works great, but if I enable G-Sync, the display completely locks up within seconds of enabling G-Sync.

Anyone with a Z97 board or earlier these Nvidia drivers are fine. No problems whatsoever.

That is not the case. I am on a z97i with a 970 MSI gaming card and get black screen with anything over .106

The new drivers, and for that matter any of the previous Nvidia drivers, have never been useless to me on my rigs and the way they are configured. Nvidia bashing will not help you rather do some serious troubleshooting to find the problem in your system and or non Apple software you are using.
I'm not Nvidia bashing. My GTX1070 preforms awesome when I boot into Windows 10. I just don't understand why the Nvidia Pascal cards are at the top of the "Buyer's Guide" build list when it's a well know fact there are driver issues using them with the "Buyer's Guide" recommended CPUs (Skylake and better). I get that the older rigs in here (GTX 900 crowd) don't experience any trouble, but that's not the hardware this site recommends you go out and buy. Again no disrespect to the admins here. I just don't get it.

Thanks for the heads up, I’m just happy I have working audio now. Is there a location where all these are compiled to work with each?
Not that I know of. Am away from base for a few days therefore cannot let yo have the ones I compiled for myself. Sorry Bout that.

Last edited:
I'm not Nvidia bashing. My GTX1070 preforms awesome when I boot into Windows 10. I just don't understand why the Nvidia Pascal cards are at the top of the "Buyer's Guide" build list when it's a well know fact there are driver issues using them with the "Buyer's Guide" recommended CPUs (Skylake and better). I get that the older rigs in here (GTX 900 crowd) don't experience any trouble, but that's not the hardware this site recommends you go out and buy. Again no disrespect to the admins here. I just don't get it.
I think you are wrong. I personally know a number of people whose 10.... series cards are working like a dream. I mean friends of mine I helped setting up their rigs with latest hardware.
Suggest you embark on some troubleshooting by eliminating stuff, hardware and software until you find what is causing the lags. Tip don’t occupy any Pcie slot that shares bandwidth with your Nvidia GPU in slot 1 where it should be and which is usually architected for 16 lanes. A peripheral plugged into Pcie slot 2 would usually highjack 8 of the 16 lanes needed by your GTX 10... card and thus throttle the thing into a virtual standstill. Get to know your manual and discover dependancies that could cause slowdowns and avoid those.
Greets

Last edited:
I have eliminated the lags, by using one of the many utilities created by Vulgo and other users to patch the older Nvidia drivers to work with 10.13.2, 10.13.3 and now 10.13.4. The entire point of my post was to bring attention to the fact that none of this is mentioned in the Original "NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.X" posts. Just seems a bit cruel really to hide the reality of the situation (whether intentional or not) to the uninitiated, considering the affected hardware is at the top of the "Buyer's Guide". My system is rock solid, but I could have saved myself hours of trouble shooting had the issue not been ignored in the "NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.X"posts. Hopefully with the inclusion of AMD RX drivers in 10.13.4 we can all move beyond this nuisance, but I will not be holding my breath.

I think you are wrong. I personally know a number of people whose 10.... series cards are working like a dream. I mean friends of mine I helped setting up their rigs with latest hardware.
Suggest you embark on some troubleshooting by eliminating stuff, hardware and software until you find what is causing the lags. Tip don’t occupy any Pcie slot that shares bandwidth with your Nvidia GPU in slot 1 where it should be and which is usually architected for 16 lanes. A peripheral plugged into Pcie slot 2 would usually highjack 8 of the 16 lanes needed by your GTX 10... card and thus throttle the thing into a virtual standstill. Get to know your manual and discover dependancies that could cause slowdowns and avoid those.
Greets
I have a very similar build, but im using a 1070 card which causes me a lot of issues. However, do you recommend if I start from scratch to reinstall the OS, would this help with my situation. The problem I am facing now, is the infinity loop on startup if I use the latest nvidia driver. However, I would not have this problem if I use the 106 driver.

I have eliminated the lags, by using one of the many utilities created by Vulgo and other users to patch the older Nvidia drivers to work with 10.13.2, 10.13.3 and now 10.13.4. The entire point of my post was to bring attention to the fact that none of this is mentioned in the Original "NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.X" posts. Just seems a bit cruel really to hide the reality of the situation (whether intentional or not) to the uninitiated, considering the affected hardware is at the top of the "Buyer's Guide". My system is rock solid, but I could have saved myself hours of trouble shooting had the issue not been ignored in the "NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.X"posts. Hopefully with the inclusion of AMD RX drivers in 10.13.4 we can all move beyond this nuisance, but I will not be holding my breath.
When the majority users do not experience any lags there is nothing to alert people of in the buyers guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back