Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to report 10.13.4 Beta 6 with the Nvidia 161 driver is running really nice. Not perfect, still an occasional slowdown but it's actually usable! This is on my EVGA 1060 6GB. Also, no issues with crashing after sleep like I had with the 104 and older drivers.

Can't wait for the final release! woohoo!
Have you tried 161 in 10.13.3? I must say that I thinks it's actually usable. Not glitch-free, but a lot better than 159. Maybe it's just the cpu doing a good job hiding the glitches or my expectations are low. (I've never managed to get 106 to work).

Really interesting, I couldn't manage to get to the desktop with the .161, I always get black screen.
The only Version which is working for me at the moment is .104. I'm also on 10.13.4 Beta 6.

Could you tell me more about your Nvidia-intstall-method?
Which Mainboard are you using?

I'm using a GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming MB with a i7 7700. Always been ultra stable with the exception of this whole Nvidia mess.

Run MultiBeast again just selecting:
Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM
Build > Install​
and reboot when MultiBeast completes the installing. You may have to select the Nvidia driver in the drop down menu and reboot. But, that should do it for you.
hi have did that. restarted and getting to restarting loop. started with -v getting the hack without nvidia driver working. any idea?

Run MultiBeast again just selecting:
Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM
Build > Install​
and reboot when MultiBeast completes the installing. You may have to select the Nvidia driver in the drop down menu and reboot. But, that should do it for you.
Hi Stork, I followed this instruction because my Nvidia driver would not enable after I selected it and restarted. So I enabled Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM through MultiBeast, and I now have a black screen. If I go to boot args, and nv_disable=1 the boot screen loads but stops with a white wheel IMG_3018.JPG

10.13.4 is now out. Did anyone try if the .161 Nvidia drivers work better on this version?

Since 10.13.4 is officially out, I hope nVidia's updated drivers fix these bugs they have going. But I doubt it. I moved on to AMD for the moment.

I don't mind to try the 161 driver on 10.13.4 on my real Mac.

I usually use the terminal method to update macOS, never have any issue. But this time, after it says installing completed and reboot. I am still with 10.13.3 (107D102), nothing updated.
Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 13.51.18.jpg

If I go to Appstore, it says on update available for me. But if I use the terminal command again. I can see this update available again. Regardless how many times I install it via terminal, just still stay at 10.13.3.

Just tried use the terminal command to trigger the normal update available in Appstore. Exactly the same, pretend some update happened, but after restart, still 10.13.3

I've upgraded to 10.13.4 only to discover that the 161 drivers are no longer compatible. At least the base driver gets me video on my GTX 960, but performance is really bad with multiple glitches. Unfortunately there's still no update available.

Can this command install any web driver for 10.13.4?
Code:
bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh)

If you really want to 161 driver. Then the command should be like this
Code:
bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh) 387.10.10.10.25.161

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back