Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Z370 (code name is unknown) MB with i8700K and it is not usable with .256 Webdriver on 10.13.3.
They are all similar. Hopefully it will be fixed in 10.13.4

You have an incorrectly installed kext, most of the output is warnings. Only errors are lines reading 'rejecting'

@vulgo

So the invalid signature kext are not a problem? I dont need to search for a repair?

Also, the 3 rejecting kexts are all Lilu.kext..
How would you properly install them?

Also, the 3 rejecting kexts are all Lilu.kext..
How would you properly install them?
Delete the old versions from /Library/Extensions using Finder then install fresh copies e.g. with Kextbeast or Multibeast.

Hi,
I am on

* 10.3.3 17D47
* NVIDIA 387.10.10.25.156
* SMBIOS iMac17.1
* CsrActiveConfig 0x67

I installed the 104 driver using the webdriver command:

```
sudo ./webdriver.sh -r
sudo ./webdriver.sh -u https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.104.pkg
sudo ./webdriver.sh -m
```

On reboot it 'hangs' on the attached photo:

IMG_20180205_085441.jpg

The only way to get back is to boot using the recovery partition and remove the driver manually from /L/E and /S/L/E .

I know that my problem has something to do with the kext caches but I cannot figure what may be wrong.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Any idea?
Unfortunately a bug in the webdriver.sh update pushed yesterday meant caches weren't updated after -m. You can download the fixed version or do
Code:
brew update && brew upgrade webdriver.sh

Last edited:
Thanks @vulgo,

However this was happening to me before the bug. I was trying also last Wed and Thursday. I think it may have to do with my installation. In the script I see that you are using:

```
/usr/sbin/kextcache -v 2 -i /
```

I have used this manually but still get the same error. What value should I use for the
CsrActiveConfig? Currently I use 0x67

Thanks for the help!!!

I have used this manually but still get the same error. What value should I use for the CsrActiveConfig? Currently I use 0x67
Your CSR value is ok. Unless you are seeing errors when rebuilding the prelinked kernel the problem might be unrelated to the caches - could be either the Nvidia driver isn't starting, or it is starting and the login window isn't working. Double check EmuVariableEFI setup/nvda_drv variable/NvidiaWeb true in config plist, note that using the Clover entry menu and booting without the nvidia driver option checked will clear nvda_drv=1 from NVRAM. You should see 'NVDAStartup: Web' in the console messages if the driver is starting.

I installed two gtx 1080 in the macpro 5,1 with osx 10.13.3 build 17d47 web drivers 387.10.10.10.156

My problem is that opencl only works on one cuda works on both.
The card that doesn't run opencl is slow jittery with a solid white dock.
Anyone know how to get opencl to work on both cards?
I also tried two gtx 980's same problem.

Hi folks,

I'm having a really hard time getting 10.13.3 to work with full acceleration.
  • iMac17,1
  • Z170
  • Skylake 6700k
  • 980 Ti
  • 2x 4k monitors, DP
Using web driver 387..156, I generally can't get to desktop. SSH works, screen sharing does not. Enabling multi-GPU in BIOS and booting WITH iGPU plugged in to one of the monitors reliably gets me working desktop on the iGPU monitor. Used to get me working desktop on the 980 Ti but seems not to anymore. Lilu, etc don't seem to work (and I don't think I need them anyway, as I manually edited Info.plist in AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext).

Using web driver 378..106 (thanks to @vulgo's script) reliably gets me to the desktop but without full graphics acceleration (driver loading)—very laggy, 33MB VRAM, graphics card not fully recognized, only one monitor, etc. nvda_drv=1 seems to be recognized (checked with nvram -p), but NvidiaWeb in config.plist does not seem to have effect.

I've looked through many threads here but can't seem to find a solution that works for me. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back