Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried webdriver.sh? It's pretty thorough in its uninstall/reinstall. Haven't experienced the black spinner, does it appear at the time when the login screen would normally show up?
yes, right there.
Just tried webdriver.sh, I get the loading screen (the normal one with white apple and loading bar) but it never finishes (been waiting for 10 minutes).
However now disabling Nvidia webdriver in the clover boot section doesn't help (I can't boot).
P.S. booted by ssh-ing to the machine from a laptop, removing the drivers and touching the L/E and S/L/E folders however not sure how proceed :/

Last edited:
P.S. booted by ssh-ing to the machine from a laptop, removing the drivers and touching the L/E and S/L/E folders however not sure how proceed :/
Are you able to boot after doing this?

Are you able to boot after doing this?
Yes, I booted, but now on mac os graphics driver :/ So I can either install .156, fallback to the backup drive or continue searching for a solution.

P.S. I tried to install the .104 using Webdriver but rebuilt "-system-prelinked-kernel" and "-system caches" for kexts afterwards and it booted. I guess webdriver doesn't rebuilt all the caches but only some of them.
Mission accomplished!

P.S. I tried to install the .104 using Webdriver but rebuilt "-system-prelinked-kernel" and "-system caches" for kexts afterwards and it booted. I guess webdriver doesn't rebuilt all the caches but only some of them.
Mission accomplished!
If the backup is current it might be a better place to start from. If not maybe Apple's latest combo update.
edit: I am glad you got it to work!

Last edited:
At first the new .156 didn't work at all, not even booting (stuck on black screen (after apple logo + loading bar approx half loaded) with spinning wheel forever), at this time I was using patched .106 driver with SIP disable (0x67) of course (otherwise patched driver don't work) and I just tried to install the .156 version upon the existing patched .106, and so with SIP disabled. I tried this at least 3 times (probably even more) changing some parameters in Clover (trying boot with or without SIP...etc Trying with NVWebDriverLibValFix, Lilu, NvidiaGraphicxFixup) or trying to regenerate kext cache manually, nothing worked. In all cases the driver was never fully uninstalled and SIP was never enabled during installation and nothing worked.
Thanks. It worked for me too - installing the drivers 156 version with SIP enabled (0x0). When I installed them with SIP partial disabled the UI was very sluggish.

Yes, I booted, but now on mac os graphics driver :/ So I can either install .156, fallback to the backup drive or continue searching for a solution.

Mission accomplished!

This actually works for me! Really big thanks!

It's becoming increasingly evident that the lag issue primarily only affects Skylake and newer systems.

SMBIOS used doesn't seem to make a difference.
I've mostly seen Maxwell and Pascal cards being reported as laggy but that could just be due to older generations cards not being as common anymore.

It's becoming increasingly evident that the lag issue primarily only affects Skylake and newer systems.

SMBIOS used doesn't seem to make a difference.
I've mostly seen Maxwell and Pascal cards being reported as laggy but that could just be due to older generations cards not being as common anymore.
Did you try to install driver with SIP on? People saying that helps.

I have an issue - x.156 driver causes lags, while I can't install .106 or .104 because if I try to - after reboot I get the black-spinning-screen and that's it.

Any solutions?
Do you have Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in Clover ?

Ignore, I saw that you managed to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back