Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post has become so much confusing.
This method is the most simple and rocks.
Uninstalled Nvidia drivers, removed the card from the MoBo, turned on, executed webdrivers.sh then shutted down, inserted the card back and turned on. It works. No cares about the SIP or the SMBIOS.

I get the following error when trying this method and it doesn't appear to have worked?
Downloading package...

######################################################################## 100.0%

Extracting...

387199 blocks

Approving kexts...

Installing...

Warning: Caches are not being updated

Complete.

I get the following error when trying this method and it doesn't appear to have worked?
Downloading package...

######################################################################## 100.0%

Extracting...

387199 blocks

Approving kexts...

Installing...

Warning: Caches are not being updated

Complete.

It's done. Just shutdown, put the card back and turn on.

To be fair to nVidia, if this issue doesn't impact the Real Macs, it's not really fair for us to scream, after all I have to believe we're a tiny portion of the total nVidia card using Mac population.

....right?

Hm....

To be fair to nVidia, if this issue doesn't impact the Real Macs, it's not really fair for us to scream, after all I have to believe we're a tiny portion of the total nVidia card using Mac population.

....right?

Hm....

nVidia is a business first and foremost. They want you to buy their GPU.

A driver fix is not a big deal for them cost wise. They want you to buy their GPUs regardless if you use it inside of a Microwave or a Hackintosh.

Jensen (CEO of nVidia) has responded before by stating that it is hard for them to make drivers for Macs when Apple doesn't work with them because Apple gives them driver certificates. nVidia can't just release a driver without Apple's help (certs?).

The 2nd part to this is that eGPU is officially supported now in High Sierra and onward due to VR/Vive support in High Sierra. As updates are rolled out, Apple will have better support for example in Vega GPUs.

It's mostly up to Apple to ping nVidia and get this thing resolved once and for all. There's obviously no communication between them at all.

However this eGPU business....is good for nVidia, so they may have more incentive to talk to Apple.

Everyone here needs to email Apple directly.

Email craig federighi at apple and tim cook regarding nVidia and eGPU help and nVidia in real macs. Trust me they read those emails.

Apple is a multi billion dollar company having them make this work is no biggie. Real macs with thunderbolt support nVidia via eGPU. So Apple needs to get this fixed.

Sorry ... Apple?

Certs? How did the Webdriver program work so far? If it has been working, there's no reason for nVidia to suddenly kill it unless their interest is waning. Did Apple do something different in 10.13.3 that broke something (that they haven't done all along with previous releases)? If not, why would we suddenly blame Apple for this?

nVidia is in the beta program, just like me and thousands or X-number of other people. They can test beforehand, and the moment the final is released, they can ensure it works in a Hackintosh and update their driver versioning accordingly.

If they cared. I don't think they really do. It's a tiny market. Making the bitcoin hash rate 1% faster would likely give them far more press and publicity in this day and age vs. proofing/testing a Hack driver for any serious length of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back