Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you share your config.plist and the kext files you have?

Hi,

Im working - secret for me seemed to be having BOTH mechanisms for using web drivers enabled in clover.

Have a read from page ~60 of this thread, posts from @Clicky - add here that i've had trouble booting with 2 monitors attached since at least 10.12

I see your shell script for the .120 drivers. It looks like it removes the .117 drivers and upgrades to .120, so I don't think that is my issue. I was able to get the .120 drivers working on 0x67 all the way. Do you think there is something that I haven't thought of that I am missing?

Also, I never had any issue with a multi monitor setup until 10.13

Last edited:
I see your shell script for the .120 drivers. It looks like it removes the .117 drivers and upgrades to .120, so I don't think that is my issue. I was able to get the .120 drivers working on 0x67 all the way. Do you think there is something that I haven't thought of that I am missing?

Also, I never had any issue with a multi monitor setup until 10.13
The shell script is not related. See from #630. The displaypolicyd error logs are at /var/log/displaypolicyd/displaypolicyd.*.log, maybe corresponding with files in /var/db/displaypolicyd/

Last edited:
The shell script is not related. See from #630. The displaypolicyd error logs are at /var/log/displaypolicyd/displaypolicyd.*.log, maybe corresponding with files in /var/db/displaypolicyd/

I have those same errors that you received. I’m not sure what to do about them

I have those same errors that you received. I’m not sure what to do about them

Are you able to VNC into your hack after installing the web drivers? Have you tried it with only one monitor connected? Make sure you have the latest Lilu and NvidiaGraphics Fix up if your SMBIOS requires.

You can try uninstalling the drivers. Rebooting with SIP enabled (0x0) installing the web drivers, allow for the Gatekeeper Security, reboot back in at 0x67.if you do not use NvidiaGraphicsfixup try adding - https://github.com/mologie/NVWebDriverLibValFix/releases

I was able to get the .120 drivers working on 0x67 all the way
Note that if you upgraded from 10.12 or already installed .117 using the SIP method there's no need to repeat, the kexts are already approved and enabling SIP may cause unrelated issues.

Are you able to VNC into your hack after installing the web drivers? Have you tried it with only one monitor connected? Make sure you have the latest Lilu and NvidiaGraphics Fix up if your SMBIOS requires.

You can try uninstalling the drivers. Rebooting with SIP enabled (0x0) installing the web drivers, allow for the Gatekeeper Security, reboot back in at 0x67.if you do not use NvidiaGraphicsfixup try adding - https://github.com/mologie/NVWebDriverLibValFix/releases

I’m an iMac 14,2 so I don’t think my SMBIOS requires either kext. I have tried with one monitor and no issues. When I plug in the second monitor, both go dark.

I’m an iMac 14,2 so I don’t think my SMBIOS requires either kext. I have tried with one monitor and no issues. When I plug in the second monitor, both go dark.
If you have invalid cache errors you could try deleting any files in /var/db/displaypolicyd apart from the 'pid' file - any errors in files in the /var/log/displaypolicyd folder?

If you have invalid cache errors you could try deleting any files in /var/db/displaypolicyd apart from the 'pid' file - any errors in files in the /var/log/displaypolicyd folder?

So I must have been looking in the wrong place before. The /var/db/displaypolicyd folder is empty.

I added lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to my EFI partition and there was no change.

I attached a copy of my latest config.plist file. Maybe I'm missing something? It's a 10.12 installation that I upgraded to 10.13.

Attachments

• config 10.20.plist
    3.6 KB · Views: 215
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back