Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no trouble with dual display on Sierra except if I booted with 2 displays connected. For High Sierra I had to do the VNC for both one display and 2 display, then once that was done I could only boot with a single display connected & then connect in the 2nd and they would work fine

I had an Asus z270 board that was like that. It would not boot Sierra with both monitors connected to the Nvidia card. Plug in after it was fine. I got a new motherboard (for a different reason) same chipset, same audio, I didn't touch my EFI and all of a sudden I could boot Sierra with both displays connected.

I suspect a DSDT edit is required to fix that.

On Sierra if you try to boot with both displays connected, and everything goes dark, is your hack even ping-able? With my old board it was not.

I had an Asus z270 board that was like that. It would not boot Sierra with both monitors connected to the Nvidia card. Plug in after it was fine. I got a new motherboard (for a different reason) same chipset, same audio, I didn't touch my EFI and all of a sudden I could boot Sierra with both displays connected.

I suspect a DSDT edit is required to fix that.

On Sierra if you try to boot with both displays connected, and everything goes dark, is your hack even ping-able? With my old board it was not.
I just tried then to restart with both monitor connected as needed to for another reason, i was unable to connect via VNC from my laptop - after boot they both turned off. the strange thing is with VNC I entered the wrong pw first and it gave me an error, but with the right pw it just timed out. Didn't try to ping, will try next time.

I also will try a DSDT with it changed to GFX1

Not sure if it's my motherboard, as it was fine with the old RX580 card in it, but maybe it's something to do with NVIDIA and it ?

Out of curiosity, can you attach your ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.windowserver.UUID.plist

Hoping Vulgo will chime in if he still has this problem or found a fix ?

Thanks !

I just tried then to restart with both monitor connected as needed to for another reason, i was unable to connect via VNC from my laptop - after boot they both turned off. the strange thing is with VNC I entered the wrong pw first and it gave me an error, but with the right pw it just timed out. Didn't try to ping, will try next time.

I also will try a DSDT with it changed to GFX1

Not sure if it's my motherboard, as it was fine with the old RX580 card in it, but maybe it's something to do with NVIDIA and it ?

Out of curiosity, can you attach your ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.windowserver.UUID.plist

Hoping Vulgo will chime in if he still has this problem or found a fix ?

Thanks !

Yeah it is something to do with your Nvidia card and the motherboard. At least from what I can tell.

Here is that file. I edited the name of the file to not include that UUID.

Attachments

• com.apple.windowserver.plist.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 78
Yeah it is something to do with your Nvidia card and the motherboard. At least from what I can tell.

Here is that file. I edited the name of the file to not include that UUID.
Ok thanks !!

That's interesting, yours has 2 entries - one for each monitor & no duplicates. How many ports does your graphics card have ?

Ok thanks !!

That's interesting, yours has 2 entries - one for each monitor & no duplicates. How many ports does your graphics card have ?

Three
1 DP, 1 HDMI, 1 DVI

Three
1 DP, 1 HDMI, 1 DVI
Ok thanks - so yours only has entries for used ports ...mine has multiple entries for the used ports.... I'll try clean it up - but its very late here, so tmr.

Thanks for your help !!

Thx for this. Is this CUDA package included in the usual web drivers package?

If not, would I need to set 0x0 SIP to install it if I've not installed the CUDA package before?

Thx in advance.

It is not included with the Web Drivers. I did not enable SIP to install it. It worked with 0x67.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back