Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a word about the AGDP fix. Of course if you're using a system definition that doesn't allow for Nvidia you are going to need to re-apply the updated and build specific ADGP patch. But for those using a system definition that allows for Nvidia the problem is different.

Last edited:
NVIDIA GTX970 here, with a screen connected through DisplayPort. Had the same problem where the system would boot, then a black screen. I decided to try out the HDMI port on my graphics card, which worked. With the HDMI cable plugged in, I reconnected the DisplayPort cable, which worked too. When I took out the HDMI cable, the DisplayPort connection gave the black screen again. When I reattached the HDMI cable, the DisplayPort started working again. I currently have both an HDMI cable and a DisplayPort cable connected to the same screen with both outputs mirroring each other. Not ideal, but it works.

Update: Fixed! Tried to resolve the issue by following Stork's guide (disabling SIP, installing the web driver, etc.). Didn't work for me, so I removed the web driver through recovery mode (as described in post #2). I then installed the web driver again without touching SIP (default 0x3 setting for CsrActiveConfig). The installer gave me the usual error, but I continued and it installed. Reboot and it works over only DisplayPort now! I think the 'sudo touch' command might be the difference with my previous installation of the web driver.

Last edited:
I updated Post #2 with a method to recover from the black screen after installation to get back the pre Nvidia driver installation state.

NVIDIA GTX970 here, with a screen connected through DisplayPort. Had the same problem where the system would boot, then a black screen. I decided to try out the HDMI port on my graphics card, which worked. With the HDMI cable plugged in, I reconnected the DisplayPort cable, which worked too. When I took out the HDMI cable, the DisplayPort connection gave the black screen again. When I reattached the HDMI cable, the DisplayPort started working again. I currently have both an HDMI cable and a DisplayPort cable connected to the same screen with both outputs mirroring each other. Not ideal, but it works.
This describes the problem i had when i first installed the web drivers exactly, GTX 970 also.

I had black screen issue after installing Nvidia web driver on 14.2 identifier and the only thing that fixed it was adding
NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext to my kexts/other folder and injecting on boot.

I think there is an issue with the latest Cuda Driver, on Nvidia's site they state that 9.0.197 is for 10.12
no acceleration in 10.13

I got cuda acceleration to work by uninstalling 9.0.197 by delete the following (if present):

/System/Library/Extensions/CUDA.kext
/Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework
/Library/LaunchAgents/com.nvidia.CUDASoftwareUpdate.plist
/Library/PreferencePanes/CUDA/Preferences.prefPane
/System/Library/StartupItems/CUDA/

And then I installed 8.0.90 which still nags you to update but it works... until they fix this

I still have this problem...
no matter what I do...

IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

I even tried a clean install, did everything from updated post number 2... and no luck...
Whenever I put my gtx 580 back, I have this problem.

Note sure if anyone cares but I performed (a 2nd) fresh install of HS using the EFI I linked earlier. After it got to the desktop, I enabled SIP and rebooted. Installed the Web Drivers and gave Gatekeeper the permission. But did not reboot yet. I DISABLED SIP in the config.plist then entered "sudo touch /Library/Extensions/ /System/Library/Extensions/" into terminal no quotes. Entered password. Done. Then rebooted with SIP DISABLED. Worked first time. No drama like my original High Sierra Fiasco.

I do not use a system definition that requires ADGP patch and or Lilu / NvidiaGrapics fix up. If you use a system definition that does not allow for Nvidia such as iMac 15,1 17,1 Mac Pro 6,1 you will also need to add the ADGP patch to get around it too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back