Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has any one else had an "issue" where the display goes dark for a second or two about 10 seconds AFTER logging in when waking from sleep? The display comes back on so it is not a big deal but never had that happen before in 10.10-10.12 on this build. If it matters I am using DisplayPort with 1.2 enabled on a Dell U2415.

Just unistalled cuda 9 and installed cuda 8.0.90 and CUDA is enabled in Premiere Pro. Until new release of Cuda 9 you can work with cuda 8. Although it needs update, it works like a charm.

Attachments

• Screen Shot.jpg
    Screen Shot.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 306
Alright 4th (or 5th) times a charm, but who's counting as I'm 18 hours into this upgrade....
Followed Stork's Installation from updated post #2 in this thread.
When I once again rebooted to the "Black Screen" I ran a Screen Share from my MBP
to run "AGDPfix" which saved the day. I had tried "Lilu.kext" & "NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext" combo
earlier but they did not work on my SMBIOS 17.1 Hackintosh.

Huzzzah for "AGDPfix"!!!!

I do not use a system definition that requires ADGP patch and or Lilu / NvidiaGrapics fix up. If you use a system definition that does not allow for Nvidia such as iMac 15,1 17,1 Mac Pro 6,1 you will also need to add the ADGP patch to get around it too.

Best thing imho is to patch the ADGP in Clover KextPatching section directly, same way as HDA patching, so you don't have to patch the original kexts again and again with every new macOS minor release.

Hi there,

Worked straight OOB for me. Just installed drivers, switched to NVidiaWeb and that's it:

View media item 189488

Last edited by a moderator:
On your Sierra setup did you have to install a particular kext to have it recognize the GPU? I've been searching to fix my "No GPU Detected" issue on GT 1030 with no luck.
On sierra my gt1030 works with acceleration only with nvidia web drivers (latest version...25f01 - my card is MSI 1030 2gb, hdmi+dp). Dual display works.

Just a heads up.

I haven't installed this (or High Sierra) on my Hackintosh yet, but I do have it installed on my late 2013 Macbook Pro (GeForce GT 750M), and there are a _lot_ of issues with this driver on that machine - to the point where I've disabled the driver until NVIDIA releases an update. It'll be fine for a while, then I'll start getting weird window refresh bugs (mostly noticed them in Safari). I've had a few occurrences of several-second-freezes too. Reverting to the OS X Default driver via the menu bar widget solves the problem for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back