Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holly molly, you´re a genius!!. This worked for me!!. I previously performed all other steps you mentioned, what I did different this time was to perform the sudo touch command, and this seemed to do the trick!. Now my GTX 1080 has full acceleration under High Sierra, thanks a lot!

Sadly this did not work for me. Stuck at the Black Screen once again.

Just a word about the AGDP fix. Of course if you're using a system definition that doesn't allow for Nvidia you are going to need to re-apply the updated and build specific ADGP patch. But for those using a system definition that allows for Nvidia the problem is different.

Last edited:
NVIDIA GTX970 here, with a screen connected through DisplayPort. Had the same problem where the system would boot, then a black screen. I decided to try out the HDMI port on my graphics card, which worked. With the HDMI cable plugged in, I reconnected the DisplayPort cable, which worked too. When I took out the HDMI cable, the DisplayPort connection gave the black screen again. When I reattached the HDMI cable, the DisplayPort started working again. I currently have both an HDMI cable and a DisplayPort cable connected to the same screen with both outputs mirroring each other. Not ideal, but it works.

Update: Fixed! Tried to resolve the issue by following Stork's guide (disabling SIP, installing the web driver, etc.). Didn't work for me, so I removed the web driver through recovery mode (as described in post #2). I then installed the web driver again without touching SIP (default 0x3 setting for CsrActiveConfig). The installer gave me the usual error, but I continued and it installed. Reboot and it works over only DisplayPort now! I think the 'sudo touch' command might be the difference with my previous installation of the web driver.

Last edited:
I updated Post #2 with a method to recover from the black screen after installation to get back the pre Nvidia driver installation state.

NVIDIA GTX970 here, with a screen connected through DisplayPort. Had the same problem where the system would boot, then a black screen. I decided to try out the HDMI port on my graphics card, which worked. With the HDMI cable plugged in, I reconnected the DisplayPort cable, which worked too. When I took out the HDMI cable, the DisplayPort connection gave the black screen again. When I reattached the HDMI cable, the DisplayPort started working again. I currently have both an HDMI cable and a DisplayPort cable connected to the same screen with both outputs mirroring each other. Not ideal, but it works.
This describes the problem i had when i first installed the web drivers exactly, GTX 970 also.

I had black screen issue after installing Nvidia web driver on 14.2 identifier and the only thing that fixed it was adding
NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext to my kexts/other folder and injecting on boot.

I think there is an issue with the latest Cuda Driver, on Nvidia's site they state that 9.0.197 is for 10.12
no acceleration in 10.13

I got cuda acceleration to work by uninstalling 9.0.197 by delete the following (if present):

/System/Library/Extensions/CUDA.kext
/Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework
/Library/LaunchAgents/com.nvidia.CUDASoftwareUpdate.plist
/Library/PreferencePanes/CUDA/Preferences.prefPane
/System/Library/StartupItems/CUDA/

And then I installed 8.0.90 which still nags you to update but it works... until they fix this

I still have this problem...
no matter what I do...

IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

I even tried a clean install, did everything from updated post number 2... and no luck...
Whenever I put my gtx 580 back, I have this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back