Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.9.4 (334.01.02f02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help

I have done the update I have this sayung ECC not supported

Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 9.27.16 pm.png

Also my Opencl is playing up here is a result from ocean wave

Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 9.30.34 pm.png

ANY IDEAS!!

This is correct and nothing to worry about. The regular desktop cards dont use ECC memory.

:thumbup:
Thank you but do you have any idea about the opencl ?

- - - Updated - - -

This is correct and nothing to worry about. The regular desktop cards dont use ECC memory.

:thumbup:

- - - Updated - - -

I dont, sorry. I dont really go for OpenCL testing and suchlike; I use my cards as only regular desktop cards, not graphics-intensive video work or gaming that requires mega opencl performance.

Power management is still broken in default OS X 10.9.4 driver, luckily there is no fix regression in nVidia drivers mentioned in this thread since 10.9.3.

Everything works fine, but:
1. I got reboot loop once after installer reboot. I haven't checked what was causing it because next boot went fine and Clover log was overwritten. I saw it on screen for 2 seconds and it looked like SegFault. However subsequent starts are OK.
2. CUDA complains about being outdated despite newest version installed.

Hi, i'm on 10.9.4 with 780Ti, i was on 10.9.2 and everything seems ok, i did a new install of 10.9.4 but as you mentioned i got the vga at full speed (i can hear the typical whining that it does when under heavy load), i can't understand what fix are you referring at, haven't find anithing in the thread, obviusly 10.9.3 drivers won't install on 10.9.4 so how have you managed to get power management fixed on 10.9.4?

Many Thanks!!

QUOTE=SamuTnT;840776]Hi, i'm on 10.9.4 with 780Ti, i was on 10.9.2 and everything seems ok, i did a new install of 10.9.4 but as you mentioned i got the vga at full speed (i can hear the typical whining that it does when under heavy load), i can't understand what fix are you referring at, haven't find anithing in the thread, obviusly 10.9.3 drivers won't install on 10.9.4 so how have you managed to get power management fixed on 10.9.4?

Many Thanks!![/QUOTE]

You can install any drivers on any version if you want to. You just have to change the system version on
/system/library/coreservices/systemversion.plist and save changes. Backup the file just in case or change it again to the version you are running actually afterwards.
You can check which build you are running right after opening it. (Also check this wikipedia link I attach here to know which are the builds for any other OSX version you want to make the drivers believe they are installing to. The link, check under Releases http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OS_X_Mavericks) For example if you are in 10.9.4 which is 13E28 you can change that to 13D65 which is the build for 10.9.3 and try to install the Nvidia Drivers for that version.

That worked for me and my 6Gb GTX 780 when I wanted to install 10.9.2 Nvidia Drivers on 10.9.1. With that and another tweak my card worked perfectly in a way I haven't been able to reproduce after updating to 10.9.2 (funny enough), 10.9.3 and 10.9.4. (Haven't been able to reproduce because I don't remember the tweak I did). I don't know if it will work the other way around, I mean like you want to install 10.9.3 Drivers on 10.9.4 instead of the opposite way. Just saying

You can install any drivers on any version if you want to. You just have to change the system version on
/system/library/coreservices/systemversion.plist and save changes. Backup the file just in case or change it again to the version you are running actually afterwards.
You can check which build you are running right after opening it. (Also check this wikipedia link I attach here to know which are the builds for any other OSX version you want to make the drivers believe they are installing to. The link, check under Releases http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OS_X_Mavericks) For example if you are in 10.9.4 which is 13E28 you can change that to 13D65 which is the build for 10.9.3 and try to install the Nvidia Drivers for that version.

That worked for me and my 6Gb GTX 780 when I wanted to install 10.9.2 Nvidia Drivers on 10.9.1. With that and another tweak my card worked perfectly in a way I haven't been able to reproduce after updating to 10.9.2 (funny enough), 10.9.3 and 10.9.4. (Haven't been able to reproduce because I don't remember the tweak I did). I don't know if it will work the other way around, I mean like you want to install 10.9.3 Drivers on 10.9.4 instead of the opposite way. Just saying

I've tried your method and also different others, from changin the strings in the Info.plist of the 10.9.3's kexts and place them into S/L/E/ to modifying the Distribution file of the old .pkg (the one for 10.9.3) to match 10.9.4 but in a way or another none of the varios "hacks" that i've tried has worked..i think that the only way is to wait for a new release, hoping that it comes earlier than the next system update...

Ok here is the problem, and I have had this issue with every update save for 10.9.1. I am running two Nvidia GTX 780 cards. Whenever I update past 10.9.1 the second card does not work. First one works fine. Downloaded the web drivers nothing. I am really at a loss and would love some help.

Here is the info on the card that is working

This is what the second card reads. I don't know why it says no kext loaded but I think that is the core of the problem

made the change in the .plist file

Cuda web drivers are installed

And they are running on the machine

I am at wits end here. If anyone knows why the second card won't work please let me know!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back