Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.4 (346.01.03, 346.02.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.4 (346.01.03)

Didn't had success with my ASUS GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB DDR5 128-bit on Asrock z97 extreme 6 with i5 4690. I updated the system first then i installed drivers and now my screen goes to sleep after apple logo boot

How is it doing with your build? Everything fine? I have ca. the same GTX 750 Ti OC (Gigabyte, not ASUS) and Yosemite give me kernel panic or total freeze (no ASCII elements on the screen, "just" freeze) randomly. Sometimes everything all right in hours with full load (t*****t client, Firefox with flash, TimeMachine, audio editing, USB sound card, MIDI-editing, softsynth) and after next reboot: just crashing.

Have you seen any of this?

Thanx,

pnimrod

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm also having problems after the newest Nvidia drivers update for 10.10.4.

The drivers appear to install fine, and I'm using version 346.01.03f01 a GTX 760. However, after installation I am only able to see 2 of my 3 monitors.

Using OS X default, I can see all 3. There are two ASUS VG248 displays, one using DisplayPort, one on DVI, and a Dell ST2210 over HDMI. One of the ASUS and the Dell shows up correctly, the OS does not detect my third monitor while Nvidia drivers are enabled.

Anyone else having similar problems or know a fix? I've had no problems using Nvidia drivers prior to the 10.10.4 update, and I can't use OS X default drivers since I wish to drive 144Hz on the monitors (which also worked before).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

...The drivers appear to install fine, and I'm using version 346.01.03f01 a GTX 760...
You shouldn't need the drivers since the 760 is supported natively in Yosemite.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

System: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By doing completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

You shouldn't need the drivers since the 760 is supported natively in Yosemite.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

System: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By doing completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

Thanks for the response Stork! I've updated my profile accordingly.

I understand that under most circumstances the OS X default drivers work fine. I can confirm that using the default drivers does run the 3 displays properly.

However, because my monitors are capable of 144Hz, it doesn't seem that the default drivers provide an option to run the displays at that rate.

The Nvidia drivers on 10.10.3 worked great, but using the proper Nvidia drivers on 10.10.4 doesn't seem to recognize the DisplayPort anymore.

If anyone has any insight into this it'd be very appreciated!

You don't need to modify anything with Clover - you don't need /extra if you use it

You need to manually add nada-drv=1 to your Clover config.plist. Clover is usually installed in the EFI partition which is not mounted during the install of the drivers.

First: ASUS GTX 750 (both 2 GB and 1GB versions).
I have 2 of these cards, which seems awesome in Windows, but just plain unusable in Yosemite 10.10-10.10.4.
Tried old and new web drivers, old and new CUDA drivers, boots only with nv_disable=1, when it boots screen redrawing is extremely slow, buggy. Nothing helps. Without it, loses video and gets dark. Unusable for both web and official drivers.

Tried everything imaginable thing with Chameleon Wizard, no results.

Tried to flash both cards (to Gigabyte (fans won't stop no video), and Asus OC drivers (same result, no video). Maybe the reason is that they are not Ti?

I spent days trying the damn things getting work.

Second: I can exchange of cards either to Asus GTX 650 or 750Ti (for Ti I'd some).
Maybe I should change the cards to one of them?
Any ideas?

GTX 980 Ti support?

Updated to 10.10.4 without typing anything, no trouble. Except that OS still doesn't recognize my GPU, GTX 980 Ti. I get only 10 FPS playback in Davinci Resolve playing 4K RAW from a 3 x SSD Raid0. Should be 25 fps. Whats wrong here?
:think:

Best Regards Theison

Screen Shot 2015-07-09 at 7.49.52 PM.jpg

Updated to 10.10.4 without typing anything, no trouble. Except that OS still doesn't recognize my GPU, GTX 980 Ti. I get only 10 FPS playback in Davinci Resolve playing 4K RAW from a 3 x SSD Raid0. Should be 25 fps. Whats wrong here?
:think:

Best Regards Theison

View attachment 143561

What system profile are you using? It says iMac Summer 2001...

With your build you should be using iMac14,2.

I Don't Know. How do i make it a `Imac14`? Just check the box in latest MultiBeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back