Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.0 (343.01.01) with 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 970 an

Status
Not open for further replies.
NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.0 (343.01.01f01) with 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 970 and 980 Support

Just curious - I've got a socket 2011 build that I'm doing, so I don't have any on-board graphics like others posting on this thread. So curious about your 660 Ti that you had in while preparing your build for the 970.

Were you able to install the Web drivers with your 660 Ti card in? The reason I ask: Currently my sockeet 2011 build is up & running (albeit not super-optimized) with Yosemite. The graphics card I'm using is a EVGA GeForce GT 740 SC (super-clocked). Not a super high-end card, but will do 4K@30Hz from the HDMI port.

Of course I can download the drivers just fine - but when I go to install, I get this:
View attachment 110128

??? Anyone have any thoughts?

If I try to simply swap my GT 740 for my EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 and try to boot to what is a working system with the other card, I can never get to the desktop. It always hangs/freezes up. Of course I've tried booting -x (no help), adding nv_disable=1 boot argument at Chimera screen (no help), added to that cpus=1 (again, no help). My org.chameleon.boot.plist has the requisite npci=0x2000 in place (as it's a working build with the GT740).

Anyone out there who has a 970 working in Yosemite with Socket 2011 have the magic formula & can share, please?

TIA!
--B

Long time reader, first posting, made this account to offer advice. Go to best buy or some other store that offers a graphics card that you can use, i think the 780's are working or a 750ti with that driver, and then return it once the install is complete.

On a personal note, I have been hovering over the purchase button once someone confirms their system is usable with 10.10 with a 970 with no graphical issues. I am currently looking at the 3790k, gigabyte gaming 3, msi gaming gtx 970. Please the moment someone confirms this stuff can work I would like to know. This will be my first Hackintosh build.

If someone could answer this burning questions I have, that would be appreciated as I have done tons of google searches and they are only for the wrong direction. I have a macbook pro atm and once I do hack, was looking to transfer. 1, what is the best way to transfer my account to the new hack from a mac (most online stuff is hack to mac, no one talks about mac to hack). And 2, is it possible to use a real mac as a bootable disk via firewire disk mode to boot a hack? And if 2 is yes, can a mac have both its real system files and hacks system files side by side without hiccup? I was thinking of using my laptop as a go wherever always up to date hard drive/laptop that once I got home I could boot into my hack with it. Thoughts?

Finally, on a separate but driver related issue, can someone explain do drivers from amd/nvidia serve as a broad driver for all their cards, ie, nvidia just released version xx.xx.xx, does this mean it is the driver for all nvidia cards. I always hear about people talking about driver numbers like they are the new OS update, but it makes me wonder do they actually apply to all modern-ish cards of that company?

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.0 (343.01.01f01) with 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 970 and 980 Support

NVIDIA Graphics Drivers version 343.01.01f02 appeared to me today from pref pane, and its fixed my openCL crash on my GTX 770

I'm happy to inform that NVIDIA Graphics Drivers version 343.01.01f02 fixed EVGA GTX 770 2GB power management.

On 343.01.01f01 power management was completely broken on iMac14,2 and MacMini6,2 SMBIOS definitions. And was partially working on MacPro6,1 - clocks went down only when app that used OpenCL was closed.

343.01.01f02 + MacPro6,1 - works like a charm. Update if you have similar issues.

NVIDIA Graphics Drivers version 343.01.01f02 appeared to me today from pref pane, and its fixed my openCL crash on my GTX 770

Thanks for the heads up! I just installed them and the UI with my 970 seems to be much smoother. Still have the weird issue with a phantom 3rd display showing up and iTunes movie playback is stuttery but overall still a big step forward.

If someone could answer this burning questions I have, that would be appreciated as I have done tons of google searches and they are only for the wrong direction. I have a macbook pro atm and once I do hack, was looking to transfer. 1, what is the best way to transfer my account to the new hack from a mac (most online stuff is hack to mac, no one talks about mac to hack).

If you simply want to migrate your data from your MBP > CustoMac, then just use Transfer Assistant (in Utilities folder). Works great, regardless of whether it's a CustoMac or an Apple branded product. Now if you want to SYNCHRONIZE data between the 2, it would be better off to just keep your data in the cloud & work from there on whatever machine you want to use.

And 2, is it possible to use a real mac as a bootable disk via firewire disk mode to boot a hack? And if 2 is yes, can a mac have both its real system files and hacks system files side by side without hiccup? I was thinking of using my laptop as a go wherever always up to date hard drive/laptop that once I got home I could boot into my hack with it. Thoughts?

You cannot use your MBP in "Target Disk" mode via FW or TB as your boot drive for your CustoMac - you need special bootloaders & kexts to get generic computer hardware to work with OS X. Maybe for the use case in #2, you can use the idea of cloud-based storage for all your work files/information per my comments above.

And no offense, but there's a specific reason why I want/need this card to work. And the card is on the Buyer's Guide, albeit it *may* need the Web drivers. So I can't simply just go out & buy any old card & get it working. As I mentioned in my post, I *can* get it working with a couple other cards I have at home, but then when I try to swap out working card for 970, I have problems.

Good luck with your build!

hello
having big problems.
i have a gigabyte ga-h87m-d3h and a 2gb asus geforce gtx750ti.

i followed your indication as mentioned:
- clean install of yosemite (using nv_disable=1)
- multi beasted
- downloaded nvidia drivers
- installed drivers
(i tried with the method

How to Install the Web Drivers:
In order to flag the alternate drivers on a CustoMac using Chameleon/Chimera, you must install the package and also add the flag manually to the chameleon.org.Boot.plist. If you use Clover, you can toggle back and forth using the standard menubar or system preference pane.

1. Open Finder
2. Navigate to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
3. Open in TextEdit
4. Add nvda_drv=1 to Kernel Flags as shown:

Example Usage:

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>
5. Save and reboot
and without)

- once rebooted i have always black stuck screen.

using the flag -v i think i read card non supported (or non recognized, was very quick)

if i use again the nv_disable i can enter the desktop but without card recognization
if i disable the gtx and use the integrated hd4000 everything fine.

may i miss something?

any help will be appreciated

thank you

hello
Example Usage:

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>

5. Save and reboot
and without)

- once rebooted i have always black stuck screen.

The problem I think you have: If your org.chameleon.boot.plist entry for Kernel Flags looks exactly like above, you are missing a CRITICAL flag for Yosemite success. I'm not in front of my machine right now to get you the exact syntax, but when you first go into your o.c.b.p. and you look under Kernel Flags, you should already see a value there: something to do with kext dev mode.

DO NOT remove this - simply add a space after it, then type: nvda_drv=1
...then save & reboot.

Maybe re-run MultiBeast again using same settings so that it refreshes your o.c.b.plist file. Then make the correct edits this time. You should be OK after that.

UPDATE: Should look like this:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>

Installed the f2 driver for yosemite today. Now i am getting still waiting for root device error. Strange... Someone else getting this problem?

Installed the f2 driver for yosemite today. Now i am getting still waiting for root device error. Strange... Someone else getting this problem?

Do a search for that error message - there is a whole thread dedicated to fixing that issue
:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back