Contribute
Register

nVidia NVS510 - working OOB - 4x miniDP, 4k compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you get NVS 510 working in Mojave?
Without lilu/whatevergreen as soon as the GUI should load, monitor goes to no-signal & that is end of it

edit:
WITH lilu/whatevergreen (and NO inject) I get:

Last edited:
Try disabling onboard video on bios; no kext and no inject.

Edit: no inject for onboard video and for Nvidia.

Last edited:
Sorry for delayed response, was not getting any alerts.
I'm not using this day to day - it has a fan and I haven't found a replacement silent heatsink yet :(
I didn't do anything special to get it to work, and it looks like the other posters have given instructions for fixing things.
Yes it displays BIOS and MacOS boot.

Also FYI the WX4100 costs nearly 10x what I paid for my NVS510, and more than my entire hackintosh. So its a bit different - but looks a nice card!

Sorry for delayed response, was not getting any alerts.
I'm not using this day to day - it has a fan and I haven't found a replacement silent heatsink yet :(
I didn't do anything special to get it to work, and it looks like the other posters have given instructions for fixing things.
Yes it displays BIOS and MacOS boot.

Also FYI the WX4100 costs nearly 10x what I paid for my NVS510, and more than my entire hackintosh. So its a bit different - but looks a nice card!
Next time you use this, I'm curious what the performance is like on a 4K display. Is there any lag or stuttering when bringing up Mission Control? That's the one thing I'm worried about with it. Thanks!

Next time you use this, I'm curious what the performance is like on a 4K display. Is there any lag or stuttering when bringing up Mission Control? That's the one thing I'm worried about with it. Thanks!
Sorry but I don’t have any 4K screens to test on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back