Contribute
Register

nVidia NVS510 - working OOB - 4x miniDP, 4k compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any luck with Mojave yet?

Update: Grabbed one of these cards for pretty cheap. Gonna try replacing a GT640 with it, running 10.14.1. Needed a Mini DP port for a Luna Display, so fingers crossed this still works in Mojave.

Update 2: The NVS 510 works great in Mojave, for those wondering. Worked OOTB on my 10.14.1 Sandy Bridge Installation.
Could you please check Netflix in Safari playback and/or iTunes videos? I'd get rid of my RX570 for something like this if the DRM works OOB

I didn't got the same luck, my NVS 510 worked at first but no acceleration. During OS installation, on on clover and multibeast configuration I did not choose any options on graphics, , what can I do?
Captura de ecrã 2019-01-03, às 00.08.18.png

Edit: Looks like I had intel inject marked, on clover; went to clover to check, I removed it and lost graphics on NVS; had to swap cable to monitor and on clover options on boot mark inject again; back to hd2500 :/

Last edited:
It does display during boot. Your cards probably worked OOB but with support that you had there from previous cards, what do you think? Tomorrow will try, still don't know what ;)

I didn't got the same luck, my NVS 510 worked at first but no acceleration. During OS installation, on on clover and multibeast configuration I did not choose any options on graphics, , what can I do?
View attachment 376414
Edit: Looks like I had intel inject marked, on clover; went to clover to check, I removed it and lost graphics on NVS; had to swap cable to monitor and on clover options on boot mark inject again; back to hd2500 :/

What ig-framebuffer-id did you use for HD2500, connector-less id should be used (0x01620007)
don't inject anything for the natively support Nvidia card, it should works OOB

What ig-framebuffer-id did you use for HD2500, connector-less id should be used (0x01620007)
don't inject anything for the natively support Nvidia card, it should works OOB

I went to clover configuration and opened config.plist: on Devices I had a Fake Id IntelGFX 0x1660003. Was there the right place to check that? Should I change it? You mean, without connecting IGPU it must have that number?

I did not injected nothing.

And now?

I went to clover configuration and opened config.plist: on Devices I had a Fake Id IntelGFX 0x1660003. Was there the right place to check that? Should I change it? You mean, without connecting IGPU it must have that number?

I did not injected nothing.

And now?

Clover settings
Inject Nvidia=No
Inject Intel=Yes, ig-platform-id=0x01620007 (HD2500 must be worked in connector-less offline mode)
dsdt device rename
rename GFX0 to IGPU
rename PEGP to GFX0

or you may try Lilu/Whatevergreen

Clover settings
Inject Nvidia=No
Inject Intel=Yes, ig-platform-id=0x01620007 (HD2500 must be worked in connector-less offline mode)
dsdt device rename
rename GFX0 to IGPU
rename PEGP to GFX0

or you may try Lilu/Whatevergreen

Thanks, itwas. After loosing nvs video because of unchecking intel inject on clover configurator I swapped cables again and checked it on clover boot options: could boot on nvs again.
Where do I find these options, on clover configurator, under devices? Will those allow me to use the igpu to co-process video?
Should I make those changes connected with igpu or with nvs?

Thanks, itwas. After loosing nvs video because of unchecking intel inject on clover configurator I swapped cables again and checked it on clover boot options: could boot on nvs again.
Where do I find these options, on clover configurator, under devices? Will those allow me to use the igpu to co-process video?
Should I make those changes connected with igpu or with nvs?

device rename
clover configurator: under ACPI/DSDT/Patches

in text mode (example)
Code:
<dict>
    <key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Patches</key>
            <array>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>change GFX0 to IGPU</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    R0ZYMA==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    SUdQVQ==
                    </data>
                </dict>
            </array>
        </dict>
    </dict>
</dict>

you should enable the HD2500 IGPU in connector-less mode, that's how the real mac works, the IGPU take care the hardware video H.264 encode/decode functions.

You may use the SMBIOS iMac13,2

You may use the SMBIOS iMac13,2

Thanks! Yes, that was my previous setting. HD 2500 has no kext loaded, will it be able to decode without it? It is enabled in bios; reset bios to factory defaults and configured again.
Renamed the device, changed id and injected intel.
NVS keeps not accelerated and with only 2x and 22Mb.
Maybe it is not recognises because this was an upgrade from HS, guess I'll have to start from zero.
Can I keep the audio configuration in some way, with a backup of efi partition, or some files?
Edit: In a new Mojave installation, should I choose "inject Nvidia" in unibeast options? Or not necessary if the card has "native" support?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back