Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I have read this entire thread. I have a EVGA GTX 760 SC without the acs cooler. I keep getting a black screen then reboot when I boot using GraphicsEnabler=No. If I add -x it just hangs on boot. I have downloaded the right drivers from midi and the cud drivers.

Any ideas?

Sure... Read the rules, post your system specs, and then maybe someone can help you.

I am now trying to install mountain lion on a new system with my old UniBeast USB of ML 10.8.0. The system has a GTX 760 and GA-Z77-D3H. While boot with the flags GraphicsEnabler=no -v, the verbose screen goes like my old machine but then the screen goes off abruptly. I want to ask how to solve my problem?

Hi Everyone,

Very new to the Hackintosh game here. I am having this same problem while attempting to install 10.8.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Xeon 1230v2 (No integrated graphics)
GPU: MSI GTX 760 OC 2GB, 8GB 12800 1600 RAM
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77N-Wifi Rev 1.1

USB: Unibeast Mountain Lion 10.8.0 plugged in via USB 2 Slot (using USB 3 slot would lock up even earlier)

When I boot with GraphicsEnabler=No -v the screen goes black after a minute of loading, can anyone help?

Any other flags? What about IGPEnabler and PCIRootUID? Anything need to change in BIOS? I've read this thread and several others but haven't found any specifics.

Any help greatly appreciated, thank you.

Hi Everyone,

Very new to the Hackintosh game here. I am having this same problem while attempting to install 10.8.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Xeon 1230v2 (No integrated graphics)
GPU: MSI GTX 760 OC 2GB, 8GB 12800 1600 RAM
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77N-Wifi Rev 1.1

USB: Unibeast Mountain Lion 10.8.0 plugged in via USB 2 Slot (using USB 3 slot would lock up even earlier)

When I boot with GraphicsEnabler=No -v the screen goes black after a minute of loading, can anyone help?

Any other flags? What about IGPEnabler and PCIRootUID? Anything need to change in BIOS? I've read this thread and several others but haven't found any specifics.

Any help greatly appreciated, thank you.

Your GPU isn't supported in 10.8.0, either try a supported card and update to a minimum of 10.8.5 or Mavericks for best support. An older nvidia card would get you through the initial installation is you have one to hand.

Adrian B

Your GPU isn't supported in 10.8.0, either try a supported card and update to a minimum of 10.8.5 or Mavericks for best support. An older nvidia card would get you through the initial installation is you have one to hand.

Adrian B

Thanks Adrian,
I followed your advice on swapping cards and was able to install and update to 10.8.5.

However, after updating and running multibeast I am unable to boot off the hard drive without adding the -x flag. Otherwise, I get a freeze at boot. Any advice on what to do here? If I am running MultiBeast more than once do I need to go back and delete or undo anything from previous installations?

Currently I am following all recommendations for the GA-H77N-Wifi, and variations... plus GraphicsEnabler=No for my GTX760.

If needed I could get a -v snapshot at time of freeze when I get home tonight.

Thanks guys!

Thanks Adrian,
I followed your advice on swapping cards and was able to install and update to 10.8.5.

However, after updating and running multibeast I am unable to boot off the hard drive without adding the -x flag. Otherwise, I get a freeze at boot. Any advice on what to do here? If I am running MultiBeast more than once do I need to go back and delete or undo anything from previous installations?

Currently I am following all recommendations for the GA-H77N-Wifi, and variations... plus GraphicsEnabler=No for my GTX760.

If needed I could get a -v snapshot at time of freeze when I get home tonight.

Thanks guys!

If you can boot using -v and take a good clear photograph of the whole screen once the text stops then that may help. Do you have any software requirements for 10.8 or is Mountain Lion a valid option at this point?

Adrian B

If you can boot using -v and take a good clear photograph of the whole screen once the text stops then that may help. Do you have any software requirements for 10.8 or is Mountain Lion a valid option at this point?

Adrian B

Honestly I am really just personally staunchly opposed to using Mavericks, I'm one of those WinXP / Snow Leopard guys.

The good news is that after wiping my OS X partition and starting with a new install I was able to get MultiBeast to install fine and can now boot without -x.

The bad news is that I followed this guide and now I still need to boot off the USB to get to OS X. I am hoping installing Clover will resolve this. (EDIT: This is the fix: http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html, not Clover. Chameleon now boots fine off of my HDD.)

I appreciate your help, thank you! My apologies though as I am getting off-topic from the thread. This started as a graphics problem but that much seems to be resolved. :thumbup:

Hi people,

So I've just finished my first build and everything seems to be going perfect except QuickTime using the gtx 760! Vlc works fine but nothing on QuickTime and YouTube keeps crashing.

I4770k
I4770k
Z87MXD3h
Z87MXD3h
Gigabyte Gtx 760 4gb

Please help!I've think been looking online and think it might be something to do with the kept?

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Hi people,

So I've just finished my first build and everything seems to be going perfect except QuickTime using the gtx 760! Vlc works fine but nothing on QuickTime and YouTube keeps crashing.

I4770k
I4770k
Z87MXD3h
Z87MXD3h
Gigabyte Gtx 760 4gb

Please help!I've think been looking online and think it might be something to do with the kept?

Any suggestions?

Try changing your System Definition to iMac13,1

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back