Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gtx 760

As this is a kepler card based off the GK 104, the standard native drivers will work just fine. I found no benefit in using nVidia's drivers on their website when I tried them with my current GTX 660. The 760 is an update to the GTX 660ti, and so this is the ideal card to use as a comparison.

Gtx 760

It show up as a generic GK104 card.

Attachments

• SysInfo.png
    SysInfo.png
    145 KB · Views: 3,590
  • About.png
    About.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 4,520
Gtx 760

Hopefully NVidia releases drivers for Mac OS X which enable us to have GPU boost 2.0. We could get a great performance increase on some of the cards with the non-reference coolers.

Gtx 760

Yep I'm curious too of how it is recognised by the OS.

Another question, do you have to have the machine ID as a Mac Pro for the GPU to be well recognised or can I keep it as a Mac mini (in order to keep Ivy bridge CPU management)?

Gtx 760

Thanks for all the helpful info guys!

Just ordered an ASUS GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5 which is a non-reference short design that should fit nicely in my new Mini-ITX build (Silverstone SG05 case).

Be careful short design tend to be wider (occupying 2-3 PCI spaces).
Myself I'll be going for the Gigabyte wind force (or whatever the name the card with 3 fans is). From the reviews it performs very well while staying really silent.

Gtx 760

I just got my gigabyte gtx760 and when it boots all I see is black screen and sleeping monitors..

Do I need to use any bootflags ? graphics enabler = no ?

What OS are you using?

If I remember correctly on 10.8.4 you should have graphicsEnabler=yes.
But Nvidia driver have only been coming from 10.8.2 or .3 you'll have the best chances of success with the latest OS.
Also since you seem to be running HD3000 maybe you have to change the BIOS settings (so the GPU loads first? with HD4000 I seem to remember you need to set up iGPU first)

EDIT I was remembering wrong (for HD3000): this might help YOU
Someone came first ^^.

Anyway update the post if you solve your problem, could help others down the line ^^. (Including me I Have bought mine yet but soon will)

Anybody got the MSI OC card? they say its great too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back