Contribute
Register

Nvidia GeForce GT 610 2048 MB with Intel I3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for guidance, In software update it shows Big Sur available and security update for Catalina, so I go for Big Sur with current clover or stay on Catalina with or without update. Your guidance is very helpful to me. Thank you again.
Your version of Clover may not work with Big Sur, and if you want to upgrade to Big Sur, you may have to upgrade your version of Clover or switch to OpenCore as bootloader, which can be a lot of work.

I suggest just installing the Catalina Security Update if all you want is to run MacOS.

Last edited:
Hi I upgrade Nvidia GT 610 to GT 710 but facing same problem as GT 610. I have attached my clover which is downloaded and modified from many sources mainly here.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 55
Hi Everyone above problem is solved by changes in config.plist, removed nv_disable=0

Hi, I have upgraded i3 processor to i5 now Catalina not booting, screen get flicker and stop sign is comming

Hi, I have upgraded i3 processor to i5 now Catalina not booting, screen get flicker and stop sign is comming
boot verbose to see what the issue could be

Hi there, I've had a look at your Clover EFI. Looks like you have some serious issues. The EFI you have uploaded
is mainly set for laptops only - if you used it to boot you undoubtedly would lose some features or performance on your desktop motherboard. You have been lucky if anything that it booted macOS before, but ideally you need to create your own set of configuration files. Try the Dortania Install Guide > https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ to create your own EFI.

Also, Catalina is a very picky OS with very specific memory requirements. I'd suggest if you need help to look at some of the other Ivy Bridge based builds here, but use Opencore bootloader instead (because it works better with Catalina). The best way is to find motherboards that are similar to yours and see if they could work and build on those.

Also building SSDTs from your own extracted motherboard BIOS would be highly recommended. You can extract and create them using Windows.

Hi there, I've had a look at your Clover EFI. Looks like you have some serious issues. The EFI you have uploaded
is mainly set for laptops only - if you used it to boot you undoubtedly would lose some features or performance on your desktop motherboard. You have been lucky if anything that it booted macOS before, but ideally you need to create your own set of configuration files. Try the Dortania Install Guide > https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ to create your own EFI.

Also, Catalina is a very picky OS with very specific memory requirements. I'd suggest if you need help to look at some of the other Ivy Bridge based builds here, but use Opencore bootloader instead (because it works better with Catalina). The best way is to find motherboards that are similar to yours and see if they could work and build on those.

Also building SSDTs from your own extracted motherboard BIOS would be highly recommended. You can extract and create them using Windows.
Thank you, yes it is for Lenovo laptop and it worked for desktop until I updated processor, Now I have i7 processor with same configuration. I try to build own EFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back