Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce 5xx Graphics in Lion [TEST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I just upgraded my hackintosh with 2x SSD's and a GTX570, so had to do a re-install, I did run in to some issues halfway through so I thought i'd mention it in here.

Firstly I had to use the Kernel flag for the installation as it would hang, once installed I removed that flag and will boot fine with the correct DSDT.aml

Graphics wouldn't work and was limited to 1024x768, so to get it working for me (partially?) I found the following,

Installed latest chimera bootloader

Edited NVDAGF100Hal.kext to add my card, in my instance it's device ID is 1086, I found this out by booting in to Windows and looking it up through device manager.

Rebooted the mac and it didn't make any difference, however I rebuilt caches/permissions using multi beast, then re-booted and I have full 1080p graphics and QE seems to be working, however Chess crashes?, Youtube videos play fine too.

If we have a database of cards? Might be worth adding a list of device ID's. The MSI Twin Frozr III GTX570 Power Edition/OC is device ID 1086, this a really nice card and very quiet, also one of the quickest out there, apart from Chess not working it seems very easy to get working.

Does anyone know why chess is giving issues and what if anything can be done to fix it?

I've noticed something odd.
Because of continuing issues I started another reinstaal yesterday.

This time, I

installed 10.6.3
patched to 10.6.8
ran multibeast, didn't install chimera, went with cham
rebooted to installer partition with npci=0x2000
installed 10.7
rebooted with npci=0x2000
patched to 10.7.1
rebooted with npci=0x2000
added divice id to HAL
added <key>Graphics Mode</key> <string></string> to the plist
rebooted
hey presto, I can even run Cinebench now
it's amazing

so I cloned it to another drive
old Chimera breaks it
new Chimera (1.5.4) breaks it
I'll try some of the newer chameleons later, but I'm just too chuffed now it finally works

Thanks for all of your help guys, with this thread I was able to get my GTX 570 working fluidly and even have a second GPU in the system.

I did a blog post with all my notes, hopefully it helps someone else solve the problem in less than 24 hours it took me.

OS X Lion with GTX 570 and GTX 465

Thanks,

Weezey

Hi guys,

thanks for all the efforts so far. I just switched my 8800GT against a brand new evga GTX580. I use Lion 10.7.1 and the latest chimera. In smbios.plist I defined a MacPro4,1
I have one very strange problem:
The card gets recognized and runs fine JUST ONCE... thant means:
when freshly install the card, or reset my BIOS or I change something on the PEG-Configuration (e.g. putting in my 8800GT additionally) then it all works!
Then I just reboot and the system hangs or gets KP after the "PCI Configuration start".
Then I have to reset my BIOS again to get it working for one other time. I suggest only when the NVRAM of the mainboard is cleared/changed then Lion boots with the GTX580.

What I did so far:
add DeviceID to the NVDA..
installed latest ATY_init from netkas
added profile for my card in AGPM for my MacPro4,1

Does anyone have an idea why this thing only boots after a cleared BIOS/NVRAM? When it boots I can see something like "PCI configuration has changed [bridges: 4, Bus: blabla"

I also tried to use npci=0x2000 but this doesn't help. Any ideas are very welcome :)

best regards
Markus

PS: I have a Gigabyte GA-P55UD4 with i7 860 and BIOS F9 and DSDT from tonymacs DSTD DB...

I just did a fresh install, stopped at 10.7.1 instead of installing beta 10.7.2. I used new Multibeast and Chimera. Card is working with OpenCL now. I just need to adjust my power settings, but the file looks different then my previous one did. Where do I edit it so It doesn't go to the lowest power state. It keeps freezing in Nova Bench. Here is what my new APGM looks like:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-13 at 2.08.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-13 at 2.08.30 PM.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 257
does anyone have a nice runthru for someone who wants to get GPUtemp enabled in a program like AT monitor?

my build specs

P67A-UD4-B3

i7 2600K

GTX 560Ti

dinosaurcam said:
I have it at IMac 12,2
MAXp0wr posted a most outstanding AGPM.kext file on page 44, I believe. It is for a GTX 570 1086 ID (he also posted one for a 1081 ID earlier) . . . not sure I recall what card you are running. If you are running a GTX 570, I have a whole folder of files I don't mind uploading to see if it would be of help. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back