Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen any light at the end of the tunnel for more than a year. I already moved on and got Radeon RX 580 few months ago.
I’m stuck with a gtx 1050ti because I have a small from factor hackintosh and need a low profile GPU. I’m hesitant to build a completely new hackintosh with AMD graphics due to the rumours that apple might switch to arm processors next year.

Even gaming in Windows has been great for me. (I did pretty well with the silicon lottery and ended up with a Vega that clocks pretty well and runs quite cool.)
That’s great to hear. The last update of Premiere Pro really increased the performance (smooth playbacks, short export times) on both macOS & Windows when I tested them both a few days ago.

But I haven’t thought to test how the Rx580 does in terms of gaming in either OS. Might just do that for fun. What games do you guys usually play?

That’s great to hear. The last update of Premiere Pro really increased the performance (smooth playbacks, short export times) on both macOS & Windows when I tested them both a few days ago.

But I haven’t thought to test how the Rx580 does in terms of gaming in either OS. Might just do that for fun. What games do you guys usually play?

I like RPGs. My all time favorites are Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Skyrim. Both of which should run great on your RX 580. Currently, I've been playing Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild with a Wii U emulator. I've slowed down on how much I play, trying to milk it for as long as I could. Lol. It's so good that I don't want it to end.

I’m stuck with a gtx 1050ti because I have a small from factor hackintosh and need a low profile GPU. I’m hesitant to build a completely new hackintosh with AMD graphics due to the rumours that apple might switch to arm processors next year.

I think that the best low profile macOS compatible AMD card is the RX 560. I currently have one in a Dell and macOS runs really well on it. I also had an RX 560 in a small form factor HP that I ended up selling to a friend who needed a computer ASAP. She still uses it daily with macOS with no complaints.

Although I found my Gigabyte AORUS RX580 to be very stylish with those LED lights etc and matching with my AORUS motherboard, I use my computer as a tool. I was never much into “looks”, and I’m a woman lol.

For me, I’d rather enjoy life now than have hardware just sitting there.
I like the AORUS 580, I don't have a problem with that one, price is also good, I wanted the new 7nm because that one is more powerful than the RX580 that's why I wanted to wait for AORUS to release a READON VII but if they don't release one soon then I will definitely settle for a 580 because that one I like the design. I'm a man I know everything is not about looks but we also have to consider the looks, at least little bit

I have to like how it looks
:lol:

I like the perfect combination, I like my computer to have extreme performance but I also want it to look cool

Last edited:
I think that the best low profile macOS compatible AMD card is the RX 560. I currently have one in a Dell and macOS runs really well on it.

I would like to upgrade my girlfriend's SFF Kaby Lake build (Hackintosh VII below) to Mojave, so I have to replace its low profile 1050ti... What's the brand/model of your RX 560? How does it compare with the 1050ti in terms of performance?

Last edited:
I would like to upgrade my girlfriend's SFF Kaby Lake build (Hackintosh VII below) to Mojave, so I have to replace its low profile 1050ti... What's the brand/model of your RX 560? How does it compare with the 1050ti in terms of performance?

I had the MSI RX 560 4GT LP OC. It was quiet, cool, and didn't require any auxiliary power connections.

In terms of performance vs GTX 1050 Ti. It should be pretty close in Windows gaming and, of course, it works with Mojave. For macOS, it was just plug and go. Nothing to configure.

From all that I've read, my best guesstimation on how AMD cards compare with Nvidia counterparts in Windows gaming:
RX 560 between GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti.
RX 570 maybe a tad above GTX 1060.
RX 580 between GTX 1060 and GTX 1070.
RX 590 maybe a tad above GTX 1070.
Vega 56 between GTX 1070 Ti and GTX 1080.
Vega 64 around GTX 1080.

Last edited:
Thanks for this comprehensive answer @pastrychef!

Currently, I've been playing Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild with a Wii U emulator. I've slowed down on how much I play, trying to milk it for as long as I could. Lol. It's so good that I don't want it to end.
A bit off topic, sorry, but could you give me some hints on how to configure/run Legend of Zelda BOTW with a Wii U emulator, please? Does it run on macOS or Windows?

My girlfriend used to play Legend of Zelda on the original Wii a decade ago and she loved it... ;)

Thanks for this comprehensive answer @pastrychef!

A bit off topic, sorry, but could you give me some hints on how to configure/run Legend of Zelda BOTW with a Wii U emulator, please? Does it run on macOS or Windows?

My girlfriend used to play Legend of Zelda on the original Wii a decade ago and she loved it... ;)

The Cemu emulator runs in Windows. Search for "BSoD Gaming Breath of the Wild" for YouTube guides on how to configure it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back