Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumors are that the 2019 Mac Pro will have Nvidia GPUs as an option. It's also rumoured that Nvidia has also submitted the Mojave drivers to Apple, but they've not been approved yet.

Please stop with the unsubstantiated rumors. They don’t make you look smart or helpful or important.

There were rumors that Hillary Clinton would win in a landslide in 2016.

We have had ten years plus of 'The End of Hackintosh,' media, stories, opinion and rumors. Yet here we all are going into 2019 reading and writing comments and posts in an online forum using modern hardware that runs macOS very well.

Cheers for the next ten years! :p

We have had ten years plus of 'The End of Hackintosh,' media, stories, opinion and rumors. Yet here we all are going into 2019 reading and writing comments and posts in an online forum using modern hardware that runs macOS very well.

Cheers for the next ten years! :p

We still have people installing snow leopard, as well. Long live Hackintosh!

There were rumors that Hillary Clinton would win in a landslide in 2016.

I’ve lurked a lot in the 1.5 years since I started Hackintoshing but, as with StackOverflow, if the SNR of the community isn’t defended, it’ll degrade. I’ve been increasingly annoyed with the rumor/sh**-posting I’ve seen from some, especially around the Nvidia issue. I would really love to see some bootprints on the butts of some of these people. :evil:

I’ve lurked a lot in the 1.5 years since I started Hackintoshing but, as with StackOverflow, if the SNR of the community isn’t defended, it’ll degrade. I’ve been increasingly annoyed with the rumor/sh**-posting I’ve seen from some, especially around the Nvidia issue. I would really love to see some bootprints on the butts of some of these people. :evil:

I haven't seen any concrete evidence of anything from Nvidia regarding Mojave drivers or Nvidia cards being used by Apple in Macs again. I've only seen some finger pointing by Nvidia which I don't think a business partner would do.

I haven't seen any concrete evidence of anything from Nvidia regarding Mojave drivers or Nvidia cards being used by Apple in Macs again. I've only seen some finger pointing by Nvidia which I don't think a business partner would do.

So your interpretation is that they’re “done”? That would be odd, I think, considering their push to make Metal a new standard.

So your interpretation is that they’re “done”? That would be odd, I think, considering their push to make Metal a new standard.

I have a five year old Hackintosh based on the GA-Z77X-UPS-TH and just upgraded to Mojave. My video card is the GEFORCE GTX670 and it's only working in 1024x768. I have read through various threads, downloaded the Web Nvidia drivers and could be missing something obvious. Any recommendations?

If I have to upgrade to a new video card I am open to recommendations there and don't need anything crazy for gaming.

Thanks!

I have a five year old Hackintosh based on the GA-Z77X-UPS-TH and just upgraded to Mojave. My video card is the GEFORCE GTX670 and it's only working in 1024x768. I have read through various threads, downloaded the Web Nvidia drivers and could be missing something obvious. Any recommendations?

If I have to upgrade to a new video card I am open to recommendations there and don't need anything crazy for gaming.

Thanks!
EVGA GTX 770...not very expensive, used on eBay...doesn't require Nvidia drivers...supported natively in macOS and works in Mojave. :thumbup:

My interpretation is that we won't see any Nvidia cards in Macs any time soon.

It's anyone's guess if Nvidia actually has web drivers ready or if/when they will be released. I've seen lots of people grasping at straws in an effort to comfort themselves in to believing it will happen soon but with zero evidence proving anything.

Even if Nvidia released Mojave drivers today, how much confidence do you have that something like this won't happen again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back