Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason is you pretty much came out of nowhere with these "rumors", without any sort of logic or explanation or citation. As it is your rumors are slightly worse than tabloid level.
I believe this makes it slightly better than tabloid level:
https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh..._could_be_legit_read/?st=JOZANY2W&sh=8f59622c

We also have more evidence than rumor that Mac OS is going to be using Navi the next gen AMD graphics. Check out the new AMDRadeon6000HWkext. It lists a new device ID 0x73101002 which is very close to the Fury card IDs.
I'd be very interested in seeing this evidence.

https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh..._could_be_legit_read/?st=JOZANY2W&sh=8f59622c

Now we're talking.

General consensus on that thread ranges from "it really doesn't mean anything" to "they have similar job posting for years".

And apparently Nvidia has been "searching for world-class software engineers to join the Nvidia Mac graphics driver team" for 2 years and counting. I guess that explains why there's no web driver for Mojave.

Last edited:
I'd be very interested in seeing this evidence.

HW 6000.png

Navi 6000.png

If Nvidia is just starting to hire programmers now, the wait for web drivers might be longer than I expected.

If Nvidia is just starting to hire programmers now, the wait for web drivers might be longer than I expected.

Intresting news. Maybe even good news. Whatever, it's not worth of having verbal violent struggle with each another. pastrychef, I'm not accusing you at all. My comment is about last 10-30 posts in this thread. It's all about Apple. It all depends what Apple's developers and hardware engineers decide, not us. Even NVIDIA depends at Apple's decisions. Apples main goal is to force youth buy theirs hardware. Thats it, simple and pure truth. I'm owner of Apples iPad Pro, Mac Pro etc. About iPad I don't complain, but about Mac mini I do. I even couldn't add extra memory or replace it on comp!! Do I can modify parts on iMac Pro or Mac Pro? Of course not. But I believe that comps, especially on pro level should be expandable and parts changeable. For second, if we are talking about video graphics on these days we don't have to install those on inside comp, but external video cards are new standard and Apple should honour this and make possible to use on his system other video cards, not only those which they sell.

Intresting news. Maybe even good news. Whatever, it's not worth of having verbal violent struggle with each another. pastrychef, I'm not accusing you at all. My comment is about last 10-30 posts in this thread. It's all about Apple. It all depends what Apple's developers and hardware engineers decide, not us. Even NVIDIA depends at Apple's decisions. Apples main goal is to force youth buy theirs hardware. Thats it, simple and pure truth. I'm owner of Apples iPad Pro, Mac Pro etc. About iPad I don't complain, but about Mac mini I do. I even couldn't add extra memory or replace it on comp!! Do I can modify parts on iMac Pro or Mac Pro? Of course not. But I believe that comps, especially on pro level should be expandable and parts changeable. For second, if we are talking about video graphics on these days we don't have to install those on inside comp, but external video cards are new standard and Apple should honour this and make possible to use on his system other video cards, not only those which they sell.

Apple may not be endorsing Nvidia cards, but I honestly don't believe they are actively preventing Nvidia from doing anything either. Apple has never endorsed Nvidia web drivers before and Nvidia released them just the same.

Hopefully, the newest Mac mini is an indication of some changes to philosophy. I think Apple listened to complaints regarding the previous iteration of the Mac mini and gave users what they asked for in the latest model. Strong choice of processors, user upgradeable RAM, expandability via Thunderbolt 3. If you look at their entire current desktop lineup, all have upgradeable RAM (though some models are more difficult to upgrade than others).

As for laptops, I don't think Apple will ever have models with user upgradeable RAM again. It's just not possible with their "thin" designs.

And until we hear anything official from Apple we don’t know what has transpired. We only have purported Nvidia support reps posting on the issue. Has anyone that emailed Apple about them had a response yet? Any news from that end?

I would also like to know, if it's Nvidia's fault why cannot Apple make normal default macOS graphics driver, which can at least display at normal resolution and not at 1280x1024?

My hackintosh have GF1070ti.Wait for nvidia web drivers too. But have Intel CPU 4770k with graphics on chip use it when nvida release driver. No need sell GF1070ti no need buy AMD Radeon. Use Intel . Have two monitors connected with Full HD.Everything works.When Nvidia release driver then switch back to GF1070ti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back