Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here it is...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    572.4 KB · Views: 286
Looks upside down to me. In the case the fans would be on top of the card o_O
If I am looking at it correctly, the mount to the rear and cable connections are in his right hand and the PCIe connection is on the top. Flip it over and insert the PCIe connector in the slot results in the fan being on the CPU side of the GPU rather than on the side away from the CPU as is normal. Why did they design it backwards like that? If you hade a PCIe x1 slot next to the CPU and mounted the GPU in the first PCIe x16 slot the cooler would cover the PCIex1 slot. No big deal since most people do not use that slot anyway.

This video shows that in this reference design, one of the card's fans does push hot air up when it's installed. Not sure why they'd want to blow the hot air up at the CPU cooler ?? Guess they expect everyone using these to have an AIO liquid cooler installed. Most running core i9s and i7s for gaming do go this route to cool the CPU during longer gaming sessions. Too bad we can't use these cards with macOS, looks like some real value for the performance offered.

Last edited:
I do not think it is a good idea to blow hot air from the GPU across the RAM and CPU. They gets hot enough already under use.

I do not think it is a good idea to blow hot air from the GPU across the RAM and CPU. They gets hot enough already under use.
It looks as though the 3070 cards don't direct the hot air upward in the same manner. That's the card I'd be more interested in buying if I were using Windows and the Adobe suite of apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back