Contribute
Register

Notice for Gigabyte's Z77, H77, B75 motherboards and UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
thelostswede If I'm on F8 for the Z77-DS3H, am i ok ?

I have the GA-Z77-DS3H rev1.1 bios F8. I didn't bother updating it to F9 and I seem to be able to boot ML 10.8.2 from my HDD without need for a separate iBoot.
Anyone care to confirm F8 vs F9 for this board?

Ver 8 is the one that had the important firmware update. Ver 9 only includes updates for CPU microcode. so its up to you really, but why not stay up to date when it doesn't cost you anything....

I got an GA-H77-D3H i am currently on F8 - but there is F11 available.

Anyone got expierences with F11?
My hackintosh works quite well but sometimes i got kernel panics on boot.

I just bought a GA B75M-D3H motherboard from Amazon, got it a few days ago and it shipped with F11, release date in August, 2012.

So far I haven't been able to get OS X up and running. I get all the way to installing multibeast, but end up with boot0 errors and haven't figured out how to get past it yet.

is it possible to explain step by step the process of hw to update or direct me to somewher that already has. i have the z77x-ud5h board and the rest of the parts ae the tonymac86 pro build. im a newbe ans cant get past multibeast, when i restart the computer i get a white screen, any help would be awesome!

is it possible to explain step by step the process of hw to update or direct me to somewher that already has. i have the z77x-ud5h board and the rest of the parts ae the tonymac86 pro build. im a newbe ans cant get past multibeast, when i restart the computer i get a white screen, any help would be awesome!

I have pretty much the same system like you. Gigabyte Z77X - UP5 TH, i7 3770, GT 640, 16gm corsair vengeance,
I am also stuck at loading the MultiBeast because I do not know what to chose as far as drivers and etc.

The way I was able to boot was always using the PCIRoot=0 -x GraphicsEnabler=No command. I upgraded my BIOS version to F11 from F4.

There is no DSDT file to use for our boards.

Hopefully someone can help or if I find anything I will let you know.
I subscribed to your post because I need to follow up with this. I am new to this as well

View attachment Multibeast .tiff

this is what I found and it seams that is working. The audio is not working yet.
I also installed the graphic card and switched from internal to the GT 640 and also the full pack of memory 32GB and no problem

If this is true, then I know why I have fruitlessly spent maybe 20-30 hours trying to get OSX Mountain Lion to boot from the hard drive. I found a "how to use Multibeast 5." webpage followed that--result: a crash. I have checked and double checked my Multibeast 5.2.0 settings, read the descriptions and almost understand the options in the Multibeast selections. I may still be stupid, but that isn't necessarily why my OSX won't boot from the HD.

I think it really is my motherboard, even though I just bought it two weeks ago. Since I've been a Windows user for the past 10-15 years, I'll just put Windows 8 on this pc, & update my UEFI using the Windows platform. Then I can add another hard drive for OSX, etc.

Thanks.

If this is true, then I know why I have fruitlessly spent maybe 20-30 hours trying to get OSX Mountain Lion to boot from the hard drive. I found a "how to use Multibeast 5." webpage followed that--result: a crash. I have checked and double checked my Multibeast 5.2.0 settings, read the descriptions and almost understand the options in the Multibeast selections. I may still be stupid, but that isn't necessarily why my OSX won't boot from the HD.

I think it really is my motherboard, even though I just bought it two weeks ago. Since I've been a Windows user for the past 10-15 years, I'll just put Windows 8 on this pc, & update my UEFI using the Windows platform. Then I can add another hard drive for OSX, etc.

Thanks.
I'm having the same problem also.
H77-ds3h. 1155. GeForce 670. 4*8 gigs vengeance memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back