Contribute
Register

Not Shy's Guide - Potentially Fix Bluetooth Sleep/Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the Belkin mini USB F8T016 to work: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Mini-Bluet ... 490&sr=8-1

I had the same thing with the vendor ID coming out as 0. I just went to the USB section of System Profiler to find the right values, which ended up being 362 for the product ID and 1293 for the vendor ID.

By work, I mean the checkbox for awake from sleep is now not grayed out, however I haven't tested how well it works exactly because I can't get my board (GA-Z68XP-UD3P) to sleep properly.

Thanks for the guide!

Ok, i purchased thee Trust Mini, item number 15542, edited the plist and its give me nothing but trouble... i,d say roughly 25 bluetooth items are showing up under Bluetooth settings, won't sleep properly takes three times before it will sleep via the power button and menu, auto sleep will not work, fans and hard drive led are going flat out.
Scroll on magic mouse sometimes work, takes ages to reconnect.............
What a pile of **** dongle, if you lads still have the packaging of your Trust please look on the back and post up your item number, as above mines 15542 nothing else.... at wits end.... wheres the blue rope...... :crazy: :lol:

This problem is killing me, maybe someone has a solution for it?
Basically, I'm using Apple Wireless KB and Magic Mouse in conjuction with an Asus BT-21 bluetooth mini dongle http://grab.by/aUpE (It was stated that it's Mac complient on the packaging) that has been working for me since early version of Snow Leopard. I never had sleep issues so have never bothered with "Allow bluetooth devices to wake computer" because I have always used the power button to wake.

For some reasone the wake from power button in Lion is somewhat broken (have to tap it twice in order to wake, or else it immediately goes to sleep after attempting to wake) but now it gives me the Sleep/Restart/Shutdown/Cancel menu like on a real Mac if you disable "Allow power buton to sleep the computer" in Power syspref

So i tinkered with the Broadcom kext a little adding my bluetooth device and vendor ids and they're the following:
Vendor ID: 0x0a5c
Product ID: 0x2148
Adding these IDs to the IOBluetooth kext gave me and option to "Allow bluetooth devices to wake this computer" but here the problem starts.

If I try to put my computer to sleep it will instantly wake if I have the option ticked in Bluetooth syspref, a soon as I disable the option the sleep functionality is restored. Also for some reason if the option is ticked if I completely turn the computer off I can see the bluetooth dongle blinking blue, this has lead to my Magic Mouses' batteries draining from 100% to 5% overnight, the Keyboard is not that power hungry but the charge went down a little. Also when enabled my mouse pointer will randomly teleport about an inch in random dirrection when doing things.

I have tried plugging the bluetooth dongle to a non-powered 4-port usb2.0 hub from eBay, the computer sleeps if the option is enabled, however if I hit a key or click the mouse the computer won't wake, only the light appears on the usb hub. If now i type something on the keyboard and then hit the power button to wake everything I have typed will appear immediately as soon as the dcreen wake. meaning bluetooth was on and has awaken the keyboard, but the computer didn't receive a command to wake.

I have tried some _DSM injection to mimic Apple's hardware http://grab.by/aUyC
but this has no effect ...

So I was wondering if anyone has a way to sort things out with wake using bluetooth devices? I'm really looking forward to using my bluetooth devices...

P.S. I have concidered getting an Apple bluetooth module to install in my machine, but I don't really want to unless I'm 100% sure it will give me normal functionality under Lion and not mimci the same thing that's happening right now.

This seems to be a problem with all gigabyte boards at the moment. If you look at the console, you'll see a "wake reason:?" on these wake ups. I bet you'd have problems with WOL as well.

It seems Apple improved the wake on Lion to only wake the computer and not the monitor on some types of wake events. Unfortunately, our hackintoshes decide to go back to sleep after a few seconds.

I'd suggest don't waste your time focusing on just the bluetooth and follow the relevant threads here and on insanelymac for a fix.

Ditched the Trust module and purchased a Belkin F8T016ng, works oob, mouse and keyboard wakes from sleep without the box ticked in bluetooth prefs, but thats where trouble starts.
Mouse gestures do not work, right and left click works but as for swiping or scrolling... nothing... so f**kin close. :evil: :cry:

I was lucky enough to find someone selling B4 versions of the D-Link DBT-120 on eBay. Picked up 3 of them, flashed them on an older XServe I have and they work out of the box for the most part.

Also picked up (2) Apple Bluetooth modules but the ebay seller is not selling the 5v - 3.3v modules.

Sudds said:
I have a DBT120 B4 myself, worked great apart from wake from sleep.
Any chance of slink to the firmware and tools you flash them with?

Well I had to flash them on a 10.4 server; it wouldn't work on snow leopard.

I got the Bluetooth Firmware Updater 1.2 from the Tonymacx86 wiki. Wake from sleep works in Lion. Let me know if it works for you!

EDIT:
I've linked it off my dropbox

http://db.tt/Glpqtx10

Sudds said:
Unfortunatly not, power pc apps no longer work on lion, but... after wake from sleep, as i mentioned, all gestures no longer work but if i unplug the belkin then reinsert all functions return. :crazy:

If you can install an older version of Snow Leopard, you might be able to flash it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back